“Some of the worst food I've ever paid for”
Review of Beach Dog Cafe

Beach Dog Cafe
Ranked #13 of 94 Restaurants in Nosara
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Great beachfront spot. Smoothies and fish tacos are excelent! Needs to be on Tripadvisor. Breakfast/lunch - open to 3.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I wish I would've taken a picture of the food - not only was the burrito tiny (four bites, seriously?!) but it had a slice of plastic cheese melted on top. I almost returned the food right away but wanted to give it a try - only to find out that it was some of the absolutely worst food I've ever eaten. My girlfriend's omelet didn't taste good either - how in the world can you mess up an omelet?! I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The food here is incredible. I loved it when I was in Nosara. Breakfast was especially good, stopping there on the way to the beach. Great service and great people.

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Our kids love this place! Great kids menu! Very friendly service & the owners could not be nicer. They always have a spectaular special during lunch or dinner. Fish taco's are my favorite here. WIFI & staying open during the rainy season are extra added bonuses. Thank you Beach Dog!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Food is good and staff is super friendly. We ate there every day for either breakfast, lunch, or dinner during our visit to Nosara.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The muffins are good...really good! BUT, I found it depressing, really depressing, to look around at the people eating and most everyone was staring at TV screens like zombies...looking at ads for real estate. That's right, at the Beach Dog, they have TVs with real estate advertisements blasting away all day. To me, this ruins the the vibe. This place is located in what i would call paradise, but for some reason, someone decided it was a good idea to put these TVs up. I was in Nosara for a few weeks and it bummed me out that almost wherever i went, there were TVs showing ads for real estate or the ability to buy surf photos. The Beach Dog was worse than most for me because the TVs are so right-in-your-face. And im not exaggerating - many times when i went there - everyone was looking at the TVs and not doing what i consider the main reason to eat with friends - hanging out and chatting. It was bummer to me. In paradise, 200 feet away from a beautiful beach, good food, and a would-be nice ambiance....but, just like so many other places that have decided to do this, they have TVs...and not just any TVs - TVs showing advertisements to buy real estate. To me, it seemed sleezy and depressing. This might be normal to some but to me, it made me really bummed out.

1  Thank jay b