“Real Estate Advertisments on TVs...YUCK”
Review of Beach Dog Cafe

Beach Dog Cafe
Ranked #4 of 92 Restaurants in Nosara
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Great beachfront spot. Smoothies and fish tacos are excelent! Needs to be on Tripadvisor. Breakfast/lunch - open to 3.
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The muffins are good...really good! BUT, I found it depressing, really depressing, to look around at the people eating and most everyone was staring at TV screens like zombies...looking at ads for real estate. That's right, at the Beach Dog, they have TVs with real estate advertisements blasting away all day. To me, this ruins the the vibe. This place is located in what i would call paradise, but for some reason, someone decided it was a good idea to put these TVs up. I was in Nosara for a few weeks and it bummed me out that almost wherever i went, there were TVs showing ads for real estate or the ability to buy surf photos. The Beach Dog was worse than most for me because the TVs are so right-in-your-face. And im not exaggerating - many times when i went there - everyone was looking at the TVs and not doing what i consider the main reason to eat with friends - hanging out and chatting. It was bummer to me. In paradise, 200 feet away from a beautiful beach, good food, and a would-be nice ambiance....but, just like so many other places that have decided to do this, they have TVs...and not just any TVs - TVs showing advertisements to buy real estate. To me, it seemed sleezy and depressing. This might be normal to some but to me, it made me really bummed out.

1  Thank jay b

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I went to the Beach Dog three times in my week stay in Nosara and loved it! The food was excellent! I ate breakfast and lunch there and everything was fresh and amazing. The staff was very friendly. I highly recommend their homemade banana bread french toast!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Don't expect your average hamburger and hot dogs at this beach restaurant. Food is awesome and very creative! The owner is a Canadian chef who loves food as much as he loves to surf. Try the banana bread french toast - absolutely delicious!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Made it to Beach Dog three times in a week trip. Excellent food all around! Planned on going for a quick dinner and to listen to some music the last night and got caught in a rain storm. Ended up stay for 5 hours! Mike and Angie (the owners) welcomed us and we got to know them. Amazing people! Trying to plan a trip to go back in February and have every intention of going back!

2  Thank Carlee E
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Food was great, beer was cold, server was really friendly and helpful. We went there 3 times during our trip and always welcomed with a smile and a hello! No better way to spend a vacation!