“ice cream”
Review of Robin's - CLOSED

Robin's
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Attention to quality, fresh ingredients and locally grown organic vegetables are some of the hallmarks of Robin's Cafe. Sandwiches are served on homemade whole wheat foccacio - everything including the ice cream and cones is prepared on the premises. Vegetarian and vegan dishes are on the menu daily.
Reviewed February 7, 2012

how do you not like ice cream? i had it once. i didn't feel like i had to go back

Reviewed February 6, 2012

We loved the selection and quality of Robin's ice cream. She has other lunch items that are also well prepared with organic items, and worth the price.
Unfortunately, Robin herself can be challenging. I watched her scold a young woman one day who apparently didn't make it clear that she was not with the group of people in front of her, to the point where the man paying for his group included her in the bill. I think they wanted to make Robin go away rather than have to deal with her obvious irritation at having to figure out the bill again.
At other times I've seen Robin being gracious to customers one day, and the next time being a little snippy. I'm guessing if she's having a bad day you should order, get your items and then cease all contact!
Other staff working for her seem fine, and wait lines suggest people are willing to put up with the inconvenience of an unpredictable host for the great food and ice cream. As stated, food quality is high!

Reviewed February 2, 2012

Was there week of Jan.23 with friends for lunch. There was a small lineup at the counter so we joined the line up, after we ordered we were told straightfaced by the owner that we should have seated at a table and orders would have been taken from there, no signage indicating this.
Asked for pepper on my sandwich, was told pepper on table (there was none), finally when we payed seperately for our meals when ordering she gave us some " friction " for paying seperately while sitting together, wow!
I also think that her attitude towards customers also transcends into the kitchen as the Tico ladies who brought out the food from the kitchen looked completely unhappy which is not typical of the local folk in that area.
While the food was very good I would avoid this place because of the poor experience when dealing with the owner.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Fresh, beautifully prepared food, huge selection. The brownies are amazing. The vegetarian wrap is delicious. Everyone goes there for the ice cream although I never got the chance to have any! My favorite place to eat in Nosara. My only complaint is they should stay open late for dinner!!!

Reviewed January 18, 2012

We had amazing smoothies and breakfast here. Cant complain a bit!