“Eating w flies... :(”

Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

The food was pretty good.
We got veggie tempra, filet fish and garlic octopus.
Everything was tasty, but flies were keep coming to our table:(
We couldn't enjoy our meal..
Limited food choice but it's good if you can handle the flies.

There are newer reviews for Pacifico Azul

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Very good food, service & the night we were there, the was a live band, not too loud, playing good rock&roll that my teenagers actually like.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We heard this was a good restaurant, and finally made it in. Amazing tender and huge serving of tuna tartare. Had a beautiful fish dinner and shrimp salad. Lovely splurge night for us.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is an unassuming place with great food. 2 of us had a fabulous mahi-mahi with avocado sauce (decadent!), 1 had a steak that was perfectly cooked. You can tell by the menu that the owners/chefs are serious about food. There are items you don't see at other tourist spots, like curries and seafood soups. I was surprised it wasn't packed! Would happily return the next time I'm there.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We enjoyed a dinner here during our week in Nosara. When we first drove up (in the daylight), I was a little wary. There was a lot of junky stuff surrounding the restaurant. When you eat outdoors, you want to look at something nice. Anyway, once the sun went down and the subtle decorative lights came on, the atmosphere changed and was quite pleasant. (Pacifico Azul is on a busy corner though - we heard lots of motorbikes roaring past.) The food was good, but not the best we had in Nosara. I must say that we were AMAZED by the extremely large portions, so be forwarned. I ordered vegetable tempura as my first course and it was nearly enough for my entire meal. It was very tasty and well prepared. I also ordered shrimp with rice and ended up taking most of it home. (It was a yummy leftover lunch the next day.) The rice was a tad undercooked and crunchy but the flavor of the dish was scrumptious. Oddly enough, there were also steak fries on the plate with my shrimp and fresh veggies. I didn't eat the fries. :-) My hubby had an enormous salad as his first course followed by his main meal. He couldn't finish all of his either, and was unimpressed by his meal. Unless you are a really big eater, I would suggest splitting your first course or skipping it entirely. The service was just okay - not as friendly as the other restaurants we visited during our trip. There was a very large friendly dog that greeted us and laid by our table for awhile. We are dog lovers and this guy was gorgeous. I have to say we were a bit disappointed by Pacifico Azul. We had high recommendations and were excited to try it out. I have to say that we ate at much better restaurants during our trip. Maybe we were there on on 'off' night. The prices are very reasonable for what you get.