“Service was terrible”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Pacifico Azul - CLOSED

Pacifico Azul
Cuisines: Seafood, South American, Costa Rican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service was terrible”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

We went with a group of about 8 people, the food was good but the waitress had a long face and a bad attitude the whole time.

Visited December 2013

New York City, New York
“A very good meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

My wife and I went here with a friend that we met in Nosara from and also from NY. We chose to go here because of it's high rating on Trip Advisor. We had a very good meal. The food came out to us quickly the execution of the meal was done well. It was seasoned and cooked to the proper temperature.

I had ceviche in a coconut sauce which I would highly recommend. My wife had the fish of the day which was derado in an avocado sauce which was one of her favorites of the trip. I had the Ahi Tuna which was excellent also.

The service attempts to be good but I think the language barrier causes an uneasiness for the server that seems to work here most of the time. It seems that their inability to speak English causes a disconnect with some of the not regular customers that come in such as us, which is quite funny since between my wife and I we actually are able to speak Spanish quite well.

You should definitely try the place and you may luck out and have a better chemistry with your server than we did. You are guaranteed to have a great experience if you sit at the bar with Freddy who actually summers in NY and is not afraid to speak English or Spanish with customers. We did that on another night and had a great time.

Enjoy!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank mgcs
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Our favorite spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

We live in Guiones and Pacifico Azul is our favorite spot to eat and drinks and have fun. Carlos y Melissa are great and work really hard. The food is to die for, I love the octopus and really everything else. Also Melissa make the best homemade coconut ice cream, you can have it over brownie or with tempura bananas yummy...We highly recommend Pacifico Azul, pura vida!!

Visited December 2013
Cardiff
“Order from the Specials Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We ate here two nights on the bounce on our recent trip to Nosara.

The first night my girlfriend and I ordered from the specials menu, my girlfriend had grilled tuna which was a huge tuna steak like a door stop and was cooked to perfection, I had the deep fried red snapper which was also good.

We enjoyed so much went the following night, the server was less attentive and without being talked though the specials we ordered from the usual menu which was a big let down, I had fish and chips which was like a kids meal little nuggets and a few fries, my girlfriend had blackened tuna which again was a let down from previous night.

Would definitely check it out but order from the specials, another let down though this was the only place in Costa Rica which used frozen french fries instead of hand cut chips. If your not fussed on dogs you may want to give it a wide birth, as owners seem to have 2 free to wander.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank AlynCardiff
Scottsdale, Arizona
“First visit to Nosara”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed the fresh fish served at this restaurant. The comfortable outdoor patio was a great setting. The Dorado Carpaccio was exceptional and followed with a seafood pasta. There was a great variety of seafood cooked to perfection. Very reasonably priced.

Visited November 2013