“A jewel tucked into paradise!”
Review of Nomad - CLOSED

Nomad
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: http://www.surfingnosara.com/nosara-restaurants/nomad-restaurant-fresh-new-taste-nosara. This is where I found them on line. We did visit them and feel they deserve recognition as a new restaurant in the area.
Reviewed March 3, 2012

If you're looking for a romantic place with food better than your expectations, go to Nomad. We were blown away!. Everyone was so nice, the food left us speechless and we left feeling more in love. What a magical place!

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Another tourist recommended Nomad so three of us went there. It was lovely and interesting. The chef owner couple do everything so get there early for decent service. A bit pricy and cash only. Very limited choices but crepe-type appetizer was quite good.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

We first discovered the Nomad in December of 2010. The Nomad was a new restaurant. It was our third year in the Nosara area and we are very familiar with most of the restaurants. We found the hostess and the chef very friendly, accommodating and refreshing. This year, we brought our friends to share in the ambiance and great food. The Nomad exceeded our friends expectations and our memories of the previous year. We ordered the tuna, "beef dish", appetizer galatte (sp?) and the Normandy dessert . The food was outstanding and the prices were competitive with other comparable restaurants in the area. In general, the prices for food and accommodations have increased over the past 4 years. However, you are sure to get the value you are looking for at the Nomad.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

While vacationing on the beautiul Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica my wife and I were celebrating our anniversary. We chose Nomad largely as a result of a recommendation from our rental home's property manager and from its lovely descriptive flier. It promised to be a marvelous blending of French and North African cuisine.
As suggested we made reservations a day in advance and let them know that I am vegetarian, but eat fish and that we were coming to celebrate our very special day. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by the hostess/partner/designer who showed us our table on a decidedly upscale treatment of the traditional covered porch Costa Rican restaurant.
The menu was explained to us with a clear statement that while the fish that evening was being prepared in a particular way, we could in fact have the fish prepared anyway we wished.
When asked if we had any questions I asked might it be possible to have the fish prepared with a Moroccan touch to it. This request was prompted by seeing a collection of tagines in the open kitchen and the flier's mentioning that tagines were part of Nomad's repertoire. The hostess/partner said that would be impossible without 48 hour notice- which she had not mentioned when we made our reservation.. So much for preparing the fish any way we wished!.
We ordered a gallette to share and I ordered the sea bass and my wife the tuna. I found the galette had a burnt taste but we didn't mention anything about that.
The fish came out and looked beautiful. It was accompanied with basmati rice, a small salad, warm from the hot plate and a vegetable gratin. The large portion of fish had an elaborate sauce over it. One taste and I nearly choked from the over use of salt. I have a low tolerance for salt and this preparation almost tasted as if the top of a salt shaker fell off. I switched dishes with my wife and found her tuna to also be way too salty for me. She tasted the bass and agreed it was over salted.
The hostess/owner came over to inquire about our meals and I noted the saltiness. She asked was there something else I might want. I said, I would like a simply grilled/pan seared tuna with just lemon and pepper. She brought the stripped bass back to the kitchen where the chef tasted it and discussed something or other with the hostess.
After about a 10 minute wait the tuna came out. Not as ordered but the same preparation that my wife had which I found too salty. I was asked again what I thought of the meal and made it clear that what I asked for was not what I received.
Finally after another 10 minutes or so the pan seared tuna came out. By this time I had lost my appetite. This fish was just OK. We've had way better tuna here in Costa Rica than this presentation.
What was so hard to deal with was that the hostess/partner was pushing the blame on ME! She said the dish was made "with much love" and that I should have told them about my issues with over salting! And if I wanted something special I should have ordered it 48 hrs ahead of time!
She never once admitted nor would listen to constructive criticism regarding her inability to clearly communicate. No mention of 48 hrs notice was made when I made the reservation! Her "special occasion" plate for us was plastic flowers surrounding a candle.
Then the check. "No we don't take credit cards." Nowhere in the restaurant nor on the posted menu was this point made. Fortunately we had the cash- not a small sum!
Forget Nomad while in the Nosara area. There are far better places to eat and be treated with care and respect.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

We enjoyed this outside restaurant. The food was excellent. Our favorite was the rustique gallette!