“Best teachers- very patient and articulate!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Del Mar Surf Camp

Del Mar Surf Camp
More attraction details
Owner description: Del Mar Surf Camp is the premiere surf camp in Costa Rica with over nine years of experience teaching people how to surf. We provide a maximum of 2 to 1 student to instructor ratio with local Costa Rican surfers providing a safe and quality surf instruction guaranteed for everyone to catch waves. Our all inclusive surf camps include everything from daily yoga classes, daily nature walks & healthy meals to create the perfect vacation in paradise. You can be rest assured that your experience will exemplify the "Pura Vida" culture Costa Rica has to offer.
Long Beach, California, United States
“Best teachers- very patient and articulate!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

I had the pleaure of having Angie as my instructor- amazing lesson, she was very clear and was very patient with me. All of the instructors i met from Del Mar were very friendly. The lessons were effective and also very comprehensive, i was very pleased! Thank you Del Mar Nosara!

Visited April 2012
Del_Mar_Surf_Camp, Owner at Del Mar Surf Camp, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
It was my pleasure to meet you, I can´t wait to surf with you again! Pura vida!

Woodstock, Georgia
“Great lesson!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

Fernando was our instructor and for first time surfers we had a blast! He was very instructive and encouraging. We really appreciated the way he wanted us to enjoy surfing as much as he did.

Visited February 2012
Thank you for your review! Fernando is a great instructor, he feels truly blessed to be able to share his passion with his students. Pura vida!
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great time can't wait to go back.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

Pack light. You'll only need a few quick trying clothing items. No long pants. Bring flip flops and a camera. Lots of sun screen.

DelMar was welcoming, helpful and flexible. Surf lessons were matched to our skill level and just challenging enough. We felt safe. Very friendly staff all around. Highly recommend this camp!

Visited February 2012
Thank you for your review! We can´t wait to see you and surf with you again soon! Pura vida!
Santa Cruz, California
“This was one of the best vacations I have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

My daughter and I went to the Del Mar Nosara location, we had such a great time. Our surf lessons and instructors (Jessie, Diego, Sonia) were excellent. My daughter is a surfer and I am a beginner and they definately catered to our abilities. Our accomidations were wonderful, our host Adriana made us feel like we were visiting friends, and the food at the local restaurants were awesome. We went zip lining at Miss Sky, which was so much fun, and our guides were great. Our SUP tour on the Nosara River was wonderful and our guide Felipe was so informative about the local plant and animal life. The massage at the end of our trip was the icing on the cake. My daughter took Angie's Pilates class, and loved it. I can't wait to go back again in the near future

Visited February 2012
Thank you for your review! We miss you and hope you can make it back to Nosara soon!
Columbus, Ohio
“Awesome surf trip!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

Del Mar made sure I had an outstanding Surf trip! Adrianna took good care of us. The surf instructors were great.

Playa Guiones is a really fabulous place for a surf trip - particularly for beginner to intermediate surfers. The waves were big and consistent, but soft.

The area is surprisingly family friendly. I'll definitely be back.

Visited February 2012
Thank you! We would love to take you surfing again soon!