“A memorable trip that is worth repeating”
Imagine having the highest rated vacation property exclusively all to you and your loved ones!
Which seat is yours? Your beverage awaits
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Which seat is yours?
Your beverage awaits
The views are endless
The main house features three bedrooms upstairs and the lounge, dining and bar areas at pool level
Our 500 sq ft  master bedroom features views in every direction and a private lounge
Your french doors open wide to bring the outside in
Feel the ocean breeze greet you in the morning
3 of our rooms have 2 king beds
Even our showers have ocean views.
Yep, that's real.....taken by a guest.
Breath Deep..........now exhale.  Now pinch yourself.  You are really here.
There's plenty of room for every one on your balcony.........or no one.......
Our kitchden is recognized as one of the best in Costa Rica
Every day the menu is custom designed around your dietary needs and desires and locally sourced
Just ask, and we'll prepare it for you
No better place to be with friends and family....Cheers!
We have seating for over 30 in our open air dining pavilion with expansive views
Our bar features fine liquors, cold cervezas and a fabulous selection of S. American Wines
Enjoy a cold refreshing cocktail in the open air lounge and bar
Enjoy the sight and smells of our chef, he will probably let you sample the days creations
Full Menu of On Sight Spa Services
Stroll on down to our Yoga Paviliion for a quiet respite
Start out your day with a delicious morning stretch
Stroll on down to our private waterfall and get lost in nature
At Tierra Magnifica weddings are our specialty, check out our Weddings Magnifica web page for info
Every wedding is custom deisgned to your dreams of the perfect wedding in paradise
Here's to the Bride and Groom!
Every rooms has an ocean view
The property layout
Drawings of the room layouts, 9 rooms, 3 with 2 king beds and 6 with 1 king bed
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

5 of 5 bubbles Excellent - based on 103 reviews

Reviews from our community

TJ D
Upper Arlington, Ohio
“A memorable trip that is worth repeating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Our extended family (ranging in age from 7-81) spend Christmas at this paradise overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Tierra Magnifica lived up to our high expectations, and the staff took care of our daily requests, including our meal choices, activities, and church services. We were very appreciative of their special decorative and meal arrangements they made for us over Christmas.

Every day was a new adventure that included nature hikes, snorkeling, surfing, swimming, zip-lining and yoga. One of the many highlights was waking up to the distant sounds of the howler monkeys and birds, and then sitting down to a wonderfully prepared breakfast overlooking the ocean. The meals exceeded our expectations, and we loved coming back to the villa after our activities to the friendly, smiling faces of Erika, Katia, Teo and the rest of the wonderful staff. We would jump in the pool, and then enjoy the freshly made appetizers and refreshments. The weather was perfect, and activities plentiful, but the staff made the trip exceptional.

We flew into Liberia and took the van service to the resort, and rented a car in Norsara. I would recommend supplementing the van service with your own rental car. It's easy to get around Norsara and Playa Guiones, and we always felt very safe and comfortable.

We look forward to coming back.

4 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 5 of 5 bubbles How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 4 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: The staff and the view
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Riki N
San Francisco, California
“Amazing Property & Staff = Amazing Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

My husband and I have been to Tierra Magnifica on 3 different occasions including hosting our wedding ceremony and reception there and we continue to be wowed. You'll read a lot of other reviews about the amazing view (which is breathtaking), but even more so the overall experience is enhanced by the highly attentive and accommodating staff.

For our wedding, their staff helped us arrange travel, accommodations and activities for all of our guests for our wedding week. The took care of all of the coordination for booking additional houses for the overflow and arranging transportation making sure travel was easy for our guests. In addition to helping us set-up normal activities in the area (group surf lessons, ziplining, ATV's, massages, yoga classes, etc.) they also planned an amazing beachside rehearsal dinner, a bonfire welcome reception and were able to arrange an impressive fireworks display for our reception. Their staff made the wedding planning experience and our time in Nosara for our wedding and our guests everything that we wanted it to be.

One last thing that's worth mentioning is Katia and the kitchen staff. Katia and team consistently deliver meals that impress. They're able to handle strict dietary restrictions without compromising on quality. They're also extremely accommodating and friendly which adds to the overall experience.

Long story short, if you're going on vacation to decompress, for a romantic getaway, an excursion with friends or hosting a wedding the staff at Tierra Magnifica can deliver.

Traveling group: Friends
Gayle S
Hinckley, Ohio
“A little piece of heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

I was fortunate to attend a yoga retreat at Tierra Magnifica. The accommodations were beautiful and very comfortable, the food was fantastic and the staff made you feel like you were one of the family. They also helped arrange for us to experience some amazing activities like paddle boarding and zip lining. It was truly a magical experience! I would recommend Tierra Magnifica to anyone looking for a wonderful vacation, family retreat…etc.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Bucchieri
“Intimate Costa Rican elegance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

The perfect place to relax in paradise
The view and breeze in the hills of Nosara is breath taking. Every morning with an early sunrise a family of howler monkeys and birds wake you. You're do nourished by the 5 star meals and well rested from the Pura Vida fresh air that you want to be up early.
The octagonal shaped open air covered yoga room is perfect for a yoga retreat which I was co leading. The rooms are all different, each one special in its own way. The staff is kind and helpful. The local Costa Rican excursions like paddle boarding or going for a canopy zip line your are right near by.
It's called Tierra Magnifica because it is magnificent.

5 of 5 bubbles Value 5 of 5 bubbles Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Location 5 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
gettingaw...
california
“We continue to go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Tierra Magnifica continues to be one of our favorite destinations. We love the relaxing atmosphere, friendly and attentive staff, terrific food, and gorgeous setting. I highly recommend this site for weddings, corporate events, or family reunions.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
D_AndrewH...
Ciudad Colon, Costa Rica
“The best property in the best location in CR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

I've spent years in Costa Rica travelling to all corners of the country and can say without hesitation that Nosara is my favorite spot and Tierra Magnifica is the most spectacular private retreat center in the area. It's also a great size if you prefer the setting to be intimate and private for just your group.

The attention to detail is rare and the staff are not only incredibly friendly but also resourceful and highly talented at their unique roles.

I also appreciated that the internet was among the best I had found in all of Nosara.

I would highly recommend Tierra Magnifica to my family and closest friends.

5 of 5 bubbles Value 5 of 5 bubbles Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Location 5 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
Julia A
San Francisco, California
“EPIC, EXQUISITE, ROMANTIC, INTIMATE LUXURY PROPERTY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

I had the great pleasure of staying at Tierra Magnifica this past week with a group of friends (entrepreneur types who are yoga/surfing devotees) and I cannot tell you how joyous it was to experience the beauty, tranquility and peace of this exquisite jungle luxury resort.

The entire property was clearly built with love - everything is clean, well-designed and gorgeous. The resort is spacious but intimate (I believe they have about 12 rooms) which allowed our group to feel spread out but also connected. Perfect for a week long trip. I've been to hundreds of yoga classes, ashrams and schools all over the country, but the yoga class I had at Tierra's breathtaking jungle yoga studio was one of the most heart-opening yoga experiences I've had in my life, in no small part due to simply being surrounded entirely by nature in the open air thatched roof hut. I even went there late night to dance around by myself while listening to the birds sing and the monkeys howl. Oh yes, monkeys howl there.

The first thing I thought when I walked onto the property was: "oh wow. This would be the most EPIC place for a wedding." And the second was "I really need to get my boyfriend to propose so we can get married here." ;-) What?? A girl can dream.

It would also be perfect for a family reunion, small yoga retreat, business conference that focuses on pleasure (I mean, it's too beautiful to be JUST business!), health or wellness retreat, or really classy bachelor/ette party.

The staff were so friendly and accommodating (and speak english!) and they cook DELICIOUS meals there (WOW, yum, I'm craving them now!) Oh yes and they have internet for all of you who need to post photos of the crazy amazing view to Facebook, which, if I'm being honest, I did.

Truly, it was one of the most blissful weeks of my life. And that's saying something! I've seen a lot ;-)

One piece of advice, though: if you plan to stay there, plan on renting a car or golf cart or ATV. You cannot walk down the hill to the beach (it's just too far!) and you'll want to go to the beach daily, trust me.

5 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property 5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses
5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils 5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities 5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: The beds were HUGE, the bedrooms gorgeous, the view was exquisite, the breeze divine.
Liked least: It was a bit far from the beach and you definitely need to have transportation.
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Jan 19, 2014
Hey Julia,

I can't tell you how much we appreciate your words and sentiments about your stay at Tierra Magnifica. I've sent them on to the staff, well, those who have email, and we post these comments in the office for all to see. These words mean the world to us and is our real reward for what we do. You've lifted our spirits and motivated us to keep working harder to deliver an experience to all guests similar to yours.

Thank you for putting so much thought and time into your review.

Warm regards,

Steve Jacobus

PS, wait till you see what we have in store for YOUR wedding.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$2,500
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing