“An Exhilarating Experience in and Over the Jungle.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 43 Tours in Nosara
Iowa City, Iowa
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“An Exhilarating Experience in and Over the Jungle.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Miss Sky Zip Line is a great place for those looking for adventure and beautiful views near Nosara. The staff are very friendly and safety is their top concern. The trip starts with a 20 minute scenic drive up the mountain ending in a great view of the ocean. The crew gives an informative demonstration on how to ride the zip line and stopping procedures. You are given a pair of very thick leather gloves which are used for stopping yourself by grabbing behind the pulley as you approach the end of each line. You can take a small camera with you, but due to the thick gloves you cannot hold a camera while zipping. They provide water at a couple stops. All of the take off points are at ground level so you do not have to climb up to a platform. However, there are few short hikes up steep hillsides over loose gravel and dirt. Some found this part challenging but the staff did very good making sure everyone got through at a comfortable pace. The zip lines cross high above the jungle and are long enough to gain some good speed while taking in the views. At the next to last stop, you are given the opportunity to hike down to the river and waterfall to swim (you can you chose not to go for the hike). During the dry season, the river may be too low to swim and the waterfall may be dry. Overall, Miss Sky is well worth the price.

Washington, DC
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Wahoo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Not only am I afraid of heights, but things that might be crawling in the jungle too, so deciding to join my husband and friends for zip-lining was a big jump for me, and one that I am so grateful I took. First of all, the crew is fun, but very safety conscious. I had them double check everything at each point, and they did so graciously. Secondly, the view and the experience are exhilarating.
There is a steep hike at both the beginning and the end. But you can take your time on it. I can't wait to go back and do this again!

Visited January 2013
Ottawa, Canada
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Fun for almost everyone, but it helps to be fit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

There were 13 separate lines on our tour, so everyone received good value. We assembled at a base in Nosara, where we were fitted for gear, and loaded into a truck for the long climb up the hills. My guess is that this part of the trip was the most risky - the truck has open benches in the back, with no seat belts, and no roll-bars. Parts of the road were quite narrow, with steep drops off to the side. Tiny children sat on their parents' laps, while the instructors stood up. Anyone who gets easily car-sick might find this ride, up very dusty, heavily rutted roads, a trial, despite the driver's obvious skill and slow speed.
The gear used for this zip line put us in a seated position. From friends who have done the chest mounted lines as well, this position is much more comfortable. Adventurors could still lie back, or even upside down. Children did the lines attached to instructors or parent.
It was obvious from watching others that a certain level of fitness helped - there are a couple of steep (but fairly short) walks between lines, and one woman was clearly uncomfortable and not really enjoying herself. But for everyone else, fun! Wear good shoes - not sandles that can curl back on landing! Bring sunscreen. The trip brings water. Go to the washroom before being strapped into your gear!!!

Carmel, Indiana
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“If you haven't done before fun to try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Great crew that took good care of us and I felt extremely safe with.
There is more hiking involved with this one that I had expected. A bit difficult for someone with a sprained ankle. But, again the staff were more than happy to help.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Zipping My Way into a Great Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I went to the Miss Sky Canopy Tour on a spring break trip to Costa Rica in 2012. It was recommended to us by a friend who had been to Costa Rica many times and had nothing but good to say about this zip-line tour. When we arrived at the little office building down the gravel road we signed in and met our tour guides, but not before dousing ourselves in bug spray! The tour guides were wonderful. From the minute they met us they began joking around with us. After we got on our harnesses we loaded into the open-top bus that brought us to the top of the mountain that we were zip-lining down. We went through a safety check and then began our tour! It was extremely fun. There were so many zip lines and the views were incredible. I had no idea how breathtaking Costa Rica was until I had seen it from above the forest. We zipped over a valley between two mountains so we were able to see the tops of all the beautiful trees from an amazing height. When we got to the bottom of the mountain the tour continued. We were told to wear our bathing suits, and with good reason. There was a river at the end of the zip-lines which we swam in. Meanwhile the tour guides picked mangoes off the bushes in the forest and cut them up for us to eat. On our hike back to the bus the guides joked with us and poked fun at each other, too. I saw one of them put a giant rock in the other’s backpack and made him hike all the way back up the trail before telling him what he had done. The view was beautiful but it was the guides who really made the tour worthwhile. Without them there I would not have had such an amazing experience. This tour was definitely the highlight of my trip. Costa Rica is such a beautiful place but it would have meant nothing if I was not around fun people, like my family and the tour guides at the Miss Sky Canopy Tour.

Visited March 2012