“Costa Rica Yoga Spa is superb”

Costa Rica Yoga Spa
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Nosara
GreenLeadersGold level
Bar Harbor, Maine
“Costa Rica Yoga Spa is superb”
Reviewed February 6, 2011

My wife and I were fortunate to be here for 9 days, and everything advertised on the web site is true: amazing weather, good surf, superb food (!!), outstanding yoga, a five star location and facility with some of the best sunsets you will ever see. The owners (Ben, Jill, and Darin) will do everything in their power to make your stay the best and are all simply wonderful people. Stay there!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 26, 2011

The staff at The Costa Rica Yoga Spa is fantastic. They are so accommodating. They total customize your trip for you. Anything you want can be arranged. Everything is included for a great price. Great for solo travelers, couples, or group of friends. My days were full with yoga, ziplining, kayaking, surfing, and thai massage. Nosara is a great laid back surfer town. Definitely, a great trip.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2011

The CRYS is a fantastic place to spend your vacation at. From the twice-a-day yoga sessions, to the surf lessons, to the "mystery evening excursions" to local hotspots - Ben, Jill, and Darren make sure everything is running smoothly. The rooms are spacious and clean, the food is great, and most importantly, the other guests all seem to share an adventurous and open spirit.

One of the truly special places to spend your vacation.

• Stayed December 2010
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 12, 2010

I traveled to the Costa Rica Yoga Spa for my twenty five birthday and fell in love with the place! The people and town are so inviting that you feel at home. The resort is peaceful and surrounded with breathtaking sunrises and sunsets. You will see nature in all its beauty from the friendly monkeys to the blossoming butterflies. As a yogi the classes that I took were life changing under their amazing teak pavilion. From off the yoga floor you can hear the sound of birds singing and water falling. It was a birthday that I hold dear to my heart. I highly recommend visiting this Yoga Spa. The food is refreshing and healthy that you feel revitalized and ready to explore all there is to do in such a beautiful place on Earth! Namaste. Melissa

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed December 1, 2010

I was traveling to Nosara on business. I own property there and I was going to stay four days to inspect it and take care of some details. I usually stay close to the beach when I am in Nosara but I heard about the Costa Yoga Spa in the surrounding mountains, just outside the town, and I decided to give it a try.
The moment I drove up to the lodge I was greeted warmly by my hosts Jill and Ben. They immediately took me out on the main veranda and showed me the marvelous veiw. It overlooks a wide expanse of jungle and pastureland. Snowy egrets floated past while a chorus of howler monkeys and small birds could be heard in the distance. The sun was about to set over a very calm Pacific Ocean. All the while I was cooled by an endless mountian breeze.
The room was large , comfortable and appointed with lovely art work that the walls. The bathroom was large , nicely tiled and equiped with beautiful glass bowl sinks. I was impresssed by the cross ventialtion that cooled the room all day without the need for the ceiling fan. The veiw from the room balcony was no less stunning than the one from the main veranda.
Although I have had yoga training in the past, I am very much a novice. I was lucky enough to stay at the Spa during the last 4 days of a 21 day Yoga instuctor training course being taught by three of the most beautiful and multi-talented women I have ever met. Head instructor Ashley Ludman was giving the final days of instruction to Maggie and Sara. Not only was I able to attend yoga classes taught by all three ,but I sat in on their final spiritual presentations and graduation ceremonies. Due to their patience and individual attention, I felt that I actually made progress in just four days and I plan on practicing yoga seriously in the future.

I cannot conclude this review without commenting on the cuisine. I was served the most delicious vegetarian meals three times a day. I was sure that I would gain weight by the time I returned home, but to my surprise I had actually lost an inch on my waistline!

In addtion to all this there are the Noasra beaches and activities. I highly reccomend the Miss Sky Jungle Canopy Tour.

Whether you are a beginner at yoga , well versed, or do not pracice yoga at all you will find something at The Costa Rica Yoga Spa that will make your stay unforgettable

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Port Vila, Vanuatu
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I stayed at Costa Rica Yoga Spa for a week and I wish it had been a month! Jill and Ben were so helpful and friendly with information before I even arrived, and after arriving frazzled from travel, being handed a fresh vegetable juice and watching the sunset over the Ostional turtle reserve was truly exacly what i needed. The twice daily yoga with Darin and Sara was both challenging and calming, and I quickly felt very centred and healthy. The food was incredible, the accomodation luxurious and the company friendly. I couldn´t recommend it more, and plan to return with friends as soon as I can!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 11, 2010

My stay at Costa Rica Yoga Spa was nothing less than absolutely relaxing and comfortable. I expected my days to be filled with rigurous activity--yoga, surfing, hiking, etc. Instead, be it the weather or the universe, I fell into a much more relaxed routine which was supported beautifully by Costa RIca Yoga Spa.
Jill and Ben instantly felt like an Aunt & Uncle--welcoming, warm, and considerate of every need or want during my stay. The grounds were exactly as I imagined-lush, green and well-cared for by a full-time gardener. My room, a suite on the second floor, was simple and clean with my basic needs met. The yoga pavillion was breathtaking-from it's construction to it's amazing view and the yoga classes, taught by the serene Ashley, were restorative. One of my favorite parts of CRYS was their local cook! Daily veggie-based meals of fresh, organic food was such a treat. The overall hospitality of the place and those who run it makes me not only wish to return again but suggest it to everyone I know--especially women who wish to travel alone!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo