All reviews life changing costa rica pura vida magical place organic garden pure magic the pacific ocean other guests every meal caring staff local beaches moment you arrive enjoy the beauty watching the sunset very special place blue zone lush jungle
Reviewed August 9, 2018

My trip to the Costa Rica Yoga Spa has been the most relaxing vacation of my life! Yoga, check. Sound healing, check. Breathwork, check. Beach time, check. Watching the turtles come ashore to lay their eggs was a once-in-a-lifetime experience! Chef Pedro Portes created the most delicious healthy food I've ever eaten. Proprietor Darin McBratney led us on a hike to a double waterfall. Along the way, we heard the howling monkeys, the sound of which made you feel like you were entering Jurassic Park! But there was no need to hike to see the howling monkeys - a family of three appeared just off my balcony. In the evening we all enjoyed the mountaintop view over the Pacific Ocean. This will be a trip I remember the rest of my life. Can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Catherine C
CR YOGA S, General Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Catherine,

Thank you so much for your amazing review!

It tingles my heart of joy reading this has been your most memorable vacation! It has been a pleasure to have your company with us, we will be here again with arms open!

Come back soon!

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

I arrived back to Nosara on a business trip - or so it can be called.

Upon arriving I was quite overwhelmed by the importance and weight of the trip, as well as by other personal matters. A few days in, breathing nature and enjoying some angelical food made by their dear chef Pedro and all tension was eased and I was boosted with confidence - a lovely place indeed.

Lovely staff. Quite peaceful. A treat.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Jose A
CR YOGA S, General Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Thank you Jose for your kind words. It was a pleasure to have you and Jess in our company.

Enjoy Nosara! Such a beautiful place!

Reviewed July 21, 2018

the whole place is just amazing, the setting on the mountain, the views from the restaurant, the animals that come and visit, hummingbirds, butterflies, big birds flying by….The material that the dance space is built with, the bridge towards the garden, such a powerful place.

Room tip: rooms on top floor have better views
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Willemijnd35
CR YOGA S, General Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2018

Willemijn,

We loved having you here with us. Your skills on the DJ booth were amazing. We love being surrounded by nature and amazing people like you.

It was great to see you, please come again.

Reviewed June 30, 2018

Costa Rica Yoga Spa is the perfect spot to go when you need some nice quiet time and rejuvenation. The managers, Victor and Virginia went above and beyond to make sure that all my needs were met during the visit. The giant circular yoga deck has an ocean view from high up on the mountain. The room I had was fit for a queen, the bed was one of the most comfortable I ever slept on. The food, well that is just OUTSTANDING! The chef a Costa Rican native named Pedro filled my belly and soul with so much LOVE! He can practically tell what you need to eat just by looking at you. I wish I could hire him to cook for me all the time! I will definitely be returning to this magical jungle spot in the future!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank CRCR123
CR YOGA S, General Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Caroline,

Thank you so much for your kind and good words. It was our pleasure to have you here, your fire hula hoop dance is uncanny and we enjoyed it so much.

We are glad that you felt welcomed and loved by Pedro's amazing food.

We wil be happy to have you here anytime, visit us soon again.

Have a great time in Santa Teresa!

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

Attended excellent ‘respirited retreat’ for women’s leadership which was held at this facility. Rooms fine (except had to be careful when ‘housekeeping ants’ decided they were travelling through your room) and had no hot water for first 3 days (but amazing what you can get used to). Small pool was welcome in the heat. Food EXCELLENT. No walking access to town or beach.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank MichelleinFR
CR YOGA S, General Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2018

Hello Michelle!

We live in the middle of the jungle, and having animals around us will be always something to be aware. We love being surrounded by the howling monkeys and beautiful butterflies.

Sorry to hear you were not able to enjoy hot water for 3 days, I wish I was there to explain you how to run the hot water, it just takes a couple more minutes than usual to heat.

I'm glad you had Pedro's amazing food. We love his creations and the cuisine.

Thank you for your words and rating, we will get better!