“Wonderful home away from home.”

Costa Rica Yoga Spa
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Nosara
GreenLeadersGold level
Greenvale, New York
“Wonderful home away from home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

I came to Costa Rica Yoga Spa on a yoga retreat. The food was amazing, the people were lovely, and the property is gorgeous. It was a heavenly experience from start to finish. I highly recommend staying here during your visit to Nosara... you won't regret it!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Lane D, Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for the review. Even though it is rainy season down here it has been sunny almost everyday as the storms are usually in the evenings. Every bit of landscape here is super lush and vivid green creating even more captivating of views as you gaze off towards the ocean. Come visit us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

Costa Rica Yoga Spa is a Magical paradise. To experience the hill top yoga deck in the high steep grass roof style with sunset view is worth the journey there just in itself. The energy of this place is ancient , benevolent and healing.
The food was prepared with much love and attention to flavor and health. Every meal was absolutly delicious.
The staff were friendly, attentive,
and helpful.
Rooms comfortable and clean.
I highly recommend Costa Rica Yoga Spa !

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Shenla
Lane D, Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for the review! Our Yoga pavilion is definitely a captivating sight. It is nestled into a jungle riviera which overlooks vast and untouched jungle along with the outstretching Pacific Ocean. "The energy of this place is ancient, benevolent, and healing." I cannot stress enough how true this is but also how much we love hearing that this is experienced by others. Our food never fails to impress and please each of our guests, que bueno!
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time at the Costa Rica Yoga Spa! Such a beautiful place with an amazing energy. The staff was extremely hospitable and the food was out of this world. Add to that surf lessons, watching the sea turtles lay their eggs on the beach, hiking in the jungle, hanging out in the pool, yoga at the rancho overlooking an amazing sunset and making new friends. We had a wonderful time and it was so hard to leave this paradise. I would recommend it to anyone and I cannot wait to return. Advice : Wear lots of sunblock!!!

Room Tip: If you're wanting to save money or traveling with a group I recommend sharing a quad which sleep...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nathan H
Lane D, Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
We are very happy to hear you guys had a wonderful time here. Our food is always loved and mentioned when people either write their reviews or think back on their time with us; it's great to continue seeing that happen. Our activities list, like our spa treatment list, is very extensive and consists of a multitude of options that will fit your needs and or desires.
Nosara, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

It is always a treat to spend time at the Costa Rica Yoga Spa, yet I have to stay this last visit was spectacular in so many ways. The food has gotten even better and is all organic, the staff so kind and helpful, and the new yoga/dance deck feels like butter under my feet. If you are looking for a sweet quiet spot to stay for a few nights or a place to hold a retreat The Costa Rica Yoga Spa is the spot!

Room Tip: The Suite closest to the rancho is my favorite room in Nosara!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Amber R
Lane D, Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thanks for writing this response, we can't wait to have you back again. Our food is indeed entirely organic and is so incredibly good for you, you feel the difference almost immediately. We completed our new floor in our Yoga pavilion commonly known as the Yoga Rancho as it is now better than ever.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

I'm so happy to have experienced CRYS. The environment is beautiful and magical, the food is amazing, every meal is different and made from scratch, and the people, the entire staff, are amazing and loving...I can't wait to go back! Darin, Jill, Benito, Ashley, Sarah, Disha and also all the amazing guests I met really made my time there so special!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Lane D, Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
It was so great having you here, we hope to see you again soon! We take great pride in the beautiful portion of pure nature in which we are located. Everything natural you experience here, including all of the meals, establishes a very grounding and blissful sense as you connect with nature. We always enjoy hearing the endless compliments about our staff and the memories we create for our guests.
Goleta, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

While not being the most avid yoga participant, I have to say my experience at the Costa Rica Yoga Spa was absolutely surreal in a good way. The whole vibe of the place is so relaxing that it will make you completely forget the hustle and bustle of everyday life. I cannot tell you how refreshing it was not to have a television around. I resided in the Harmony room which I feel was quite appropriate in retrospect. Very nice decor of aqua hue mixed with local darkwoods. Striking.

Lying in bed at night only hearing the sounds of the jungle and watching the lightning show, it is truly an awesome experience. Waking up in the morning and making my way to the back deck, I was greeted by mom and baby monkey enjoying a papaya snack. This overlooks the most beautiful and picturesque valley all the way out to the sea. After a morning stretch, it was time for breakfast which was vegetarian and every day was something new. I am a bit of a meat and potatoes kind of guy, but I have to say my energy level was higher as the trip went on (and I lost a couple lbs!). All of the meals were very interesting and tasty too. From there, it was off to the beach. Awesome, CLEAN white sand beaches made of broken shells but don't take any with you! :) We had some good surfing experiences, very nice people and just a beautiful all around place. Local transportation fascinating with families of 3 zooming by on motorcycles alongside buses on interesting roads. Never a dull moment.

The staff was great, the accommodations made me feel like I was at an upscale hotel, very clean. There are so many things to see and do, I felt like I barely scratched the surface in the few days that I was there. I will definitely be making this an annual trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Dave O
Lane D, Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! We are definitely well known as an amazing "getaway" where you can escape everything from stress to traffic and any of your day to day toils. Each of our rooms is extensively designed around a large central painting to create very individualized themes. The balcony of this room and the other suites open up to an absolutely awe inspiring view of the jungle canopy below and the glistening Pacific Ocean.

We are very proud of everything here, from our staff to our beaches and are so happy to hear that all of our guests have been as well.
Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

The Costa Rica Yoga Spa was the most best and positive experience I have ever had.
My life has changed. I am now so happy and excited to live life. The staff was so caring, positive and supportive. I felt like they were family!
The rooms are so beautifully decorated and very welcoming.
Everyday since I have left I wake up with a smile and have so much patience with everyday life.
Thank you so much for creating a piece of LOVE.
Can't wait to go again!! Thanks again so much for everything.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lane D, Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for the response! Our staff as an entity is indeed very "caring, positive, and supportive." We have established ourselves as a "family" here and always love welcoming others when they come stay with us. We enjoy this because it consistently creates a wonderful sense of unity amongst all the guests and staff members with ease. Come see for yourself!