“A life changing experience!!!!”

Costa Rica Yoga Spa
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Nosara
GreenLeadersGold level
Birmingham, Alabama
“A life changing experience!!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time at the Costa Rica Yoga Spa! Such a beautiful place with an amazing energy. The staff was extremely hospitable and the food was out of this world. Add to that surf lessons, watching the sea turtles lay their eggs on the beach, hiking in the jungle, hanging out in the pool, yoga at the rancho overlooking an amazing sunset and making new friends. We had a wonderful time and it was so hard to leave this paradise. I would recommend it to anyone and I cannot wait to return. Advice : Wear lots of sunblock!!!

Room Tip: If you're wanting to save money or traveling with a group I recommend sharing a quad which sleep...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nathan H
Lane D, Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
We are very happy to hear you guys had a wonderful time here. Our food is always loved and mentioned when people either write their reviews or think back on their time with us; it's great to continue seeing that happen. Our activities list, like our spa treatment list, is very extensive and consists of a multitude of options that will fit your needs and or desires.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Nosara, Costa Rica
Reviewed July 1, 2014

It is always a treat to spend time at the Costa Rica Yoga Spa, yet I have to stay this last visit was spectacular in so many ways. The food has gotten even better and is all organic, the staff so kind and helpful, and the new yoga/dance deck feels like butter under my feet. If you are looking for a sweet quiet spot to stay for a few nights or a place to hold a retreat The Costa Rica Yoga Spa is the spot!

Room Tip: The Suite closest to the rancho is my favorite room in Nosara!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Amber R
Lane D, Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thanks for writing this response, we can't wait to have you back again. Our food is indeed entirely organic and is so incredibly good for you, you feel the difference almost immediately. We completed our new floor in our Yoga pavilion commonly known as the Yoga Rancho as it is now better than ever.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I'm so happy to have experienced CRYS. The environment is beautiful and magical, the food is amazing, every meal is different and made from scratch, and the people, the entire staff, are amazing and loving...I can't wait to go back! Darin, Jill, Benito, Ashley, Sarah, Disha and also all the amazing guests I met really made my time there so special!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Lane D, Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
It was so great having you here, we hope to see you again soon! We take great pride in the beautiful portion of pure nature in which we are located. Everything natural you experience here, including all of the meals, establishes a very grounding and blissful sense as you connect with nature. We always enjoy hearing the endless compliments about our staff and the memories we create for our guests.
Goleta, California
Reviewed June 19, 2014

While not being the most avid yoga participant, I have to say my experience at the Costa Rica Yoga Spa was absolutely surreal in a good way. The whole vibe of the place is so relaxing that it will make you completely forget the hustle and bustle of everyday life. I cannot tell you how refreshing it was not to have a television around. I resided in the Harmony room which I feel was quite appropriate in retrospect. Very nice decor of aqua hue mixed with local darkwoods. Striking.

Lying in bed at night only hearing the sounds of the jungle and watching the lightning show, it is truly an awesome experience. Waking up in the morning and making my way to the back deck, I was greeted by mom and baby monkey enjoying a papaya snack. This overlooks the most beautiful and picturesque valley all the way out to the sea. After a morning stretch, it was time for breakfast which was vegetarian and every day was something new. I am a bit of a meat and potatoes kind of guy, but I have to say my energy level was higher as the trip went on (and I lost a couple lbs!). All of the meals were very interesting and tasty too. From there, it was off to the beach. Awesome, CLEAN white sand beaches made of broken shells but don't take any with you! :) We had some good surfing experiences, very nice people and just a beautiful all around place. Local transportation fascinating with families of 3 zooming by on motorcycles alongside buses on interesting roads. Never a dull moment.

The staff was great, the accommodations made me feel like I was at an upscale hotel, very clean. There are so many things to see and do, I felt like I barely scratched the surface in the few days that I was there. I will definitely be making this an annual trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Dave O
Lane D, Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! We are definitely well known as an amazing "getaway" where you can escape everything from stress to traffic and any of your day to day toils. Each of our rooms is extensively designed around a large central painting to create very individualized themes. The balcony of this room and the other suites open up to an absolutely awe inspiring view of the jungle canopy below and the glistening Pacific Ocean.

We are very proud of everything here, from our staff to our beaches and are so happy to hear that all of our guests have been as well.
Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica
Reviewed June 16, 2014

The Costa Rica Yoga Spa was the most best and positive experience I have ever had.
My life has changed. I am now so happy and excited to live life. The staff was so caring, positive and supportive. I felt like they were family!
The rooms are so beautifully decorated and very welcoming.
Everyday since I have left I wake up with a smile and have so much patience with everyday life.
Thank you so much for creating a piece of LOVE.
Can't wait to go again!! Thanks again so much for everything.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lane D, Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for the response! Our staff as an entity is indeed very "caring, positive, and supportive." We have established ourselves as a "family" here and always love welcoming others when they come stay with us. We enjoy this because it consistently creates a wonderful sense of unity amongst all the guests and staff members with ease. Come see for yourself!
Liberia, Costa Rica
Reviewed June 6, 2014

A couple of months ago I visited this amazing place. I was in San Ramon just finishing two back to back retreat that I was hosting and when it finished I decided to take Darin up on his invitation to come visit his place; the Costa Rica Yoga Spa.

I grabbed my girlfriend and my son and we started driving from La Fortuna. We thought by the map that it would only be a couple hours…we were wrong. Due to our lack of preplanning we ended up getting to Nosara at 11pm at night. We didn’t know where the place was and at night Nosara as Darin put it “is a Labyrinth” so we ended up staying at the first place we found. The next day we arrived at Costa Rica Yoga Spa. We were very tired from the ride and from working so hard the weeks prior and we needed a place to reconnect to ourselves and reenergize. I can not express in words how incredible this place was, energetically and aesthetically. Soo sooo Much Love has been poured into this place and it created a space for us to relax and rejuvenate in a very deep way.

We were greeted with warm hugs. We were shown to our room which was very comfortable and clean, very well designed with a balcony just over the pool with an amazing view of the valley and ocean. We were supplied with fresh drinking water with citrus and herbs. We were introduced to the kitchen team which included a wonderful woman named Disha who is very passionate and educated about super healthy food. Meals were offered throughout the day and every meal we ate was incredible. We ate with everyone from Costa Rica Yoga Spa and the whole team felt like family. We had a chance to connect with many of the “key players” in the operation and contributors to the development of what the center is to become. Which is a next level wellness center. Although it already is. It’s hard to imagine that it can get even better….but the Grand vision is impressive.

Darin is like a contemporary Shaman. He is a true and honest man and visionary. He treats his team like family and he is operating his center from a place of compassion and love and this is so obvious once you arrive, see his creation and interact with all the amazing people who come together there to help make your stay wonderful.

Darin’s parents Jill and Ben were incredibly hospitable. My son immediately adopted Jill as his “Cost Rica Grandma” . My friend had a chance to do a Yoga class with Ashley and she said it was one of the most transformational Yoga classes she has ever taken in her life.

Over the four days that we were there all of our interactions with everyone were very delightful. Chris, Sarah, Lane, Erik, Ashley, Paola, and everyone else who was there thanks for making our experience so memorable.

We miss you all.

When we were there we went out on couple outings, saw amazing bands, beaches, turtles laying eggs, hundreds of crabs crossing the road, even the corner store across from the Spa blew our minds. Franklins place was unlike any store I have ever been to.

The whole time we were in the care of the Costa Rica Yoga Spa we kept having one incredible experience after the other. Thank you guys for being your authentic selves and making such a place exist.

If you are looking for a place to heal, rejuvenate or just a super cool place to be. This is it. I highly recommend the Costa Rica Yoga Spa to everyone.

I can hardly wait until I can make it back. Most likely in another couple months at most.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank IbogaHouse
Lane D, Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
We are very thankful for your visit and review. It is always incredibly pleasing to hear how much people can completely unwind, relax, rejuvenate, and replenish their energies. We take great pride in greeting each and every guest with very warm welcomes and cold, all natural, beverages. We love all of our rooms and love to hear that our guests do as well. Disha is indeed our superfood guru as she creates the most amazing, all organic foods including chocolate from all natural cacao. Just come and see some of the incredible things she creates in the kitchen, you would never believe that they are entirely beneficial to your body and health as well! I personally am truly struggling to address this incredible review with a decent response, so, stop reading this and read the review again!
Los Angeles
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Words cannot adequately express my experience at Costa Rica Yoga Spa. The landscape of the lush jungle greenery and views onto the setting sun from the Yoga rancho are breathtaking. I'm not sure that breathtaking is an appropriate word to use for a Yoga retreat center where deep breathing is so encouraged, but the beauty here does take your breath away. Then, there are the people, the food that is cooked by amazing vegan chefs, the sounds of nature, the activities, the Yoga, the rooms, the views, etc. etc. etc. I felt like I was visiting my favorite aunt, uncle and cousin (Jill, Ben and Darin) because of their warm and welcoming personalities. Jill goes out of her way to take care of her guests by making sure we are all very well fed. Then, she chauffeurs everyone around town; to their activities (I went horseback riding and kayaking) to the daily beach outing, to the airport, anywhere you need to go. The staff were lovely and similar to another reviewer, I too, feel like I made friends with several of CRYS' employees.
When I read the reviews of CRYS over a year ago, I was determined to visit Costa Rica and this retreat center. I am so glad I did! The experience, people and time there far exceeded my expectations and I look forward to my next visit at Costa Rica Yoga Spa!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Wisdom room which was very spacious for one person. A perfect room for two girlfrie...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Lane D, Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Love the title of this review... You can use any words you like! Our location was carefully picked out a long time ago as the owner has lived here for over 25 years. We are situated on a small riviera overlooking the jungle canopy, the diverse coastline and beaches, as well as the seemingly endless Pacific Ocean. As staff and owners we will always be happy to help people do pretty much anything they would like and always have the means to provide rides to and from. Our activity list is rather extensive so you have quite a bit to choose from. We can't wait to see you guys again!