“Best place on Earth”

GreenLeadersGold level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best place on Earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was my second Iboga ceremony, and what a difference! The attention and care I received far exceeded the other place I went to. Ashley and Darin are very knowledgeable and provided excellent insight and care before, during, and after my ceremony. I can’t get over how dedicated everyone is to helping people there, they went above and beyond all of my expectations.

Not only was I well cared for, but the place itself is amazing! Stunning views, excellent food and plenty of things to do. I'd highly recommend the surf lessons, all of the instructors were excellent and they got me up on the third try! Definitely meet with Javier for acupuncture and Ashley for breath work, they are amazing at what they do. There is even life coaching available if you want to sort some things out, Dana and Sarah are pros in this area.

Costa Rica Yoga Spa is a very special place, and this is coming from someone who's travelled extensively. There’s no place like it. I would highly recommend anyone to go there for an Iboga ceremony, which is a very personal experience, so, better to be in a place where you know you'll be in great hands, and Costa Rica Yoga Spa is it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Lane D, Marketing Director at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
What an incredible review, thanks! We touch more on our Iboga treatment with detailed information on our website, costaricayogaspa.com. Everyone truly is dedicated to accommodating to each and every guests' needs. This is not a requirement, simply the general choice of our staff members to do so. There are countless things to do here and we make signing up, scheduling, and transportation easier than ever. We do have our Traditional Chinese Medicine doctor of the house as well who provides infinitely beneficial work via acupuncture and other means. Our main focus is to provide a space and service to accomplish whatever personal development, spiritual transformation or healing, and or relaxation and rejuvenation necessary; just let us know!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed another day just so we could continue relaxing in this very serene atmosphere.

The views, the staff, the amazing food wee all nurturing and supportive.

The yoga deck overlooking the valley below and the ocean is breathtaking and it hold a sacred sense about it.

The staff were also very helpful booking some activities (surf lesson, SUP).

I can't wait to return!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank FollowThatGirl
It is not common for people to decide to stay longer here. One guest was driven to our local airport for her flight three times before she actually decided to get on the plane and leave. This place truly is magical, you can see it in our reviews and will see for yourself should you make it to our sanctuary of ideal living and natural respect and compassion.
Maplewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

A great place to cleanse the soul. The costa rica yoga spa staff are uniquely caring and they make you immediately feel at home. Everything is done as a labor of love and you can feel it from the moment you arrive. The views are spectacular, the beaches are beautiful and the food is delicious!!! You can receive excellent therapies from massage to Eastern Medicine and rejuvenation of the mind and body. Each day was a joy...Plenty of time for rest and adventure. I am sure to return back as this is a wonderful place and I feel it holds a special place in my heart. Thank you from Cindy Stone

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
We loved having you stay with us! Here at Costa Rica Yoga Spa we, as a team of staff, thoroughly enjoy meeting these incredible people from all over the world and the time we get to spend with them! This excitement resonates in our "family-style" ways in which we are universally accepting to all and provide a space for your desired physical, mental, and or spiritual changes to occur. Or if the goal is to have fun, go surfing, explore the jungle, ride horses down the beach, go kayaking in a tropical estuary, zipline, whatever it may be, we can make it happen!
oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

The team at Costa Rica Yoga Spa is incredible and the views spectacular. What a wonderful place to unwind and connect with like minded souls. You can relax, eat amazing food, enjoy unique treatments, yoga, surf, zip line...or do nothing at all. They let you cater your own experience to what you need. An amazing location that they take pride in, such a beautiful place to do yoga and watch spectacular sunsets. I traveled alone and the shared accommodations were perfect. I had the opportunity to push myself to try new things and meet some incredible people. I highly recommend this to anyone needing to hit the reset button in life!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Lane D, Marketing Director at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Another amazing review! We certainly take pride in our location and everything that it provides: our local and all organic food, the view, our yoga pavilion and the rest of the facilities, the award winning local beaches, and of course, the incredible local people who also work with us to create this incredible possibility. We do not have a tangible reset button for your life but if that is what you are looking to do, you will certainly be able to do it here!
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

I just spent a week at Costa Rica Yoga Spa mid February. The energy,people, adventures, food, music, EVERYTHING about the land and what my experience had to offer was nothing short of incredible. I was traveling alone, but I felt so much support and love from the staff and other visitors. This place is truly magical….I can't even really put it into words. I CAN NOT wait to go back, and as soon as I was driving away to catch my plane I was moved to tears and plotting my return to visit or LIVE. Love, love, love LOVE Nosara and Costa Rica Yoga Spa.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Lane D, Marketing Director at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
We love how consistently we get amazing reviews and feedback but this one in particular is incredible to receive! Our staff is a very diverse family which welcomes each guest with open arms. We take great pride in our all organic, handcrafted meals and love supporting each meal with music, at times live. Our vision has been to create magical place and judging from how many times that word comes up in our reviews, it sounds like it's been a success! We can't wait to see you again soon.
Nosara, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

This magical place with the most wonderful staff makes you feel at home immediately. Me and my husband had the pleasure to do the Iboga Ceremony together, and it was a truly amazing experience to share. If you are looking for a place to relax, explore, eat healthy, surf, do yoga, enjoy spatreatments, this is the place.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Astromsara
Thanks for the review! We consistently provide our guests with the comforts of home and also welcome them into our family-style community here. Everything from adventure to relaxation and spa treatments are provided at your will when you stay with us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Thank you very much to an amazing team at Yoga Spa and making my yoga retreat a very special experience. I have traveled in more than 40 countries and stayed at very beautiful places but Yoga Spa was way more than I expected. I got connected with everybody on a different level and were able to slow down and enjoy every moment of my trip. I will highly recommend Yoga Spa to everybody. I know that I will be back for sure because it is the best place to recharge yourself and prepare for new chapter in your life. I would like to thanks a lot everybody at Yoga Spa again for making me feel like at home!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank HNadia
What an incredible review Nadia! We loved having you visiting and including you in on our ultimate vision for our community here at the Costa Rica Yoga Spa. We can't thank you enough for gracing us with your presence and your sense of humor! Hopefully we will see you again very soon as we will ultimately look forward to it. Thanks for recommending us to others!

The space we hold for our guests is certainly one for development and healing on a variety of levels. Whether you want to come to relax and "recharge yourself" or want to partake in exciting events like zip lining and waterfall tours, we can make it happen. You are also full entitled to create your own mix of relaxation and exploration/excitement!