“The perfect place to host a yoga retreat!”

Costa Rica Yoga Spa
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Nosara
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“The perfect place to host a yoga retreat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Just finished co-leading a sold out new year's eve yoga retreat here and just wanted to share that it was an incredible experience. This place is excellent all around...rooms, staff (darren, wi-wi, sarah, vera, trunco very special*), excursions (surfing, waterfall tour, stand up paddle board etc...etc...), food...you name it!!

Having been fortunate to lead and practice in yoga spaces worldwide they have one of the best yoga spaces in the world that panoramically over looks the beautiful costa rican jungle and ocean.

All our students commented that this was a life changing trip and large part of that has to do with the staff and facilities of Cosa Rica Yoga Spa.

The only issue is that they max out at about 26 guests and once the word gets out they better build some more rooms fast...we will back for sure!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Lane D, Marketing Director at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
It is always so pleasing to get such positive feedback from our guests, especially retreat leaders. This was an amazing retreat filled with truly incredible people. We thoroughly enjoyed every moment with you guys and cannot wait to have you here again!

We are ecstatic to hear the feedback on our yoga pavilion. The vision for our creation was and is aimed directly at being "one of the best yoga spaces in the world."

As for the number of people we accommodate, yes, we are currently sitting around 26 people for our occupancy. However, we will begin building our villas and casitas soon on the land just across a suspension bridge from our yoga pavilion. These will be timeshares or shared ownerships. We will house the overflow of guests in these luxury condos which will also be located in quiet, pristine jungle.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

sacred location, wonderful views and people, great food, clean brand new rooms. Try the breathwork and energy healing by Ash and the Thai Massage by MJ! looking forward to my iboga experience next time I visit!

Room Tip: all rooms are great -even the shared rooms are great as there are plently of shower and WC facilitie...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MariaRig
Thank you so much for the review! We are very happy to provide this space for people to relax and recharge and enjoy the multitude of options such as the Thai massage, breath and body work, and various spa services etc. Our Iboga retreat is very personalized and caters specifically to each person partaking. This spiritual healing journey is something we cannot wait to create for you!
Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

A perfect place for a retreat. Gorgeous views. Gorgeous property. Clean and kept up daily. AMAZING local organic food cooked by local women. Sweet little spots to sneak away to, like over the swinging bridge. Incredibly sweet helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Tamreh1
Lane D, Marketing Director at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for a great review! We love sharing our facilities with all of our guests and most of all, enjoy hearing that they loved everything as well.
Mont Tremblant, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

The warm welcome started with Freddy who picked me up at the airport and offered me cool water and a welcoming fruit platter. Costa Rica Yoga Spa is a delightful spot for a yoga retreat and I look forward to sharing it with my students in 2014. I felt deeply nurtured and nourished by the staff at Costa Rica Yoga Spa. All meals are shared in family style fashion and the setting lends itself to a deep sense of connection to others and nature. The teachers, Ashley, Sara and Vero are awesome and combine body treatments and pressure point releases within the yoga and pilates sessions. The rooms were super comfortable, spacious, clean and each has a different name. My room was" compassion" and my intention was to bring more compassion into my yoga practice. The food was fresh, tasty and refreshing. Most mornings we started with freshly picked coconut water, pineapples, papayas and watermelon followed by authentic and delicious Costa Rican breakfasts.

The staff was welcoming and I felt as though I was visiting my close family. Jill, one of the owners spoke to me of "guayabana" over lunch one day - it is a fruit which is recommended for those who have cancer. I had never heard of it, but the next day she purchased it for me and served it.
We had daily day trips to different beaches and tourist spots. San Juanillo, was a tranquil beach for just our group group.
Sunset yoga in the ranchero was a breathtaking experience.
My spa body treatment were made of foods such as coconut, banana, papaya. My body actually ate better than most people do.
Some of the extras are acupuncture, thai massage, body wraps, pedicures, manicures and facials- all exceptionally great.

1 Thank Angiyogabloom
We were so happy to have you here as one of our first guests of the season! Our extraordinarily fresh and organic fruit is definitely one of our most common traits that allows our guests to not only taste the difference of quality, but also feel it.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

I stayed at the Costa Rica Yoga Spa between November 16th-November 23rd, 2014. This is the BEST place I have ever visited. The views are breathtaking, my heart skipped a beat when I turned the corner to look over the jungle and be greeted with such incredible hospitality. You might as well have your own personal chef and drivers. The food is the best that I had while visiting this place. I stayed at Blue Spirit the following week for another yoga retreat. As you will see, both are rated quite well. My personal favourite place to stay of all time, is Costa Rica yoga Spa, boutique style. The staff is amazing, incredible community. Yoga every day in the gorgeous rancho, overlooking the jungle and ocean in the near distance. They even have movie night in the rancho on a big screen. LOVED Taco tuesdays...Surfing if you like first thing in the am, beach trips, whatever you want. I would definitely stay there again and AGAIN.
The rooms are clean, BIG and comfortable. Get ready to hear the monkeys. Amazing!!!!
Great honeymoon spot!!! I am a wedding photographer...this place is picturesque and the perfect retreat for health and amazing living. Thank-you so much, YY, Trunko, Lisa, Sara, Ashley, Jeff, Lane, Eric, Darin, Marveen, Ashley and our fabulous Pilates instructor

Room Tip: ALL Fabulous. ALL. I stayed in the Harmony Suite, sunset view, Beautiful balcony with rocking chai...
1 Thank CEPhotography
Lane D, Marketing Director at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thanks so much! We love hearing this, we will continue doing our absolute best for each individual guest!
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

This place is the best! I didn't do a special retreat but just went there to unwind and start my Costa Rica trip in a relaxing way. If you are thinking of visiting the Nosara area, you should definitely stay here.
CRYS has:
- Great food
- The best view
- Very friendly staff
- Clean rooms
- Awesome yoga
- And a lot more nice activities that you can pick from.

I really had a great time here and can't wait to go back one day!

1 Thank Sandra B
Thank you so much! We thoroughly enjoyed hosting and providing an amazing trip for you!
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

I went to Costa Rica yoga spa for a few days recently. I went there with a very specific intention to do one ceremony of iboga. I was not an addict of anything but have been burdened by some health challenges after some trauma a few years back. The staff at the spa was extremely warm and welcoming. I had a beautiful iboga experience with a great deal of love and support by the facilitators. I was blown away by the way I felt when I left. After having three years of strange and anxious nervous feelings, my body and my mind feel peaceful.
I highly recommend iboga for everyone as well as I really enjoyed Costa Rica yoga spa, staff and the beautiful facilities. The yoga was tremendous on top of it all!

1 Thank Beth T
Lane D, Marketing Director at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
We certainly appreciate the review!

After continuous development of our Iboga natural healing treatments, we have solidified an extraordinary and consistently life-changing experience to offer our guests. We take pride in providing this kind of opportunity and thoroughly appreciate and enjoy hearing the incredible aftereffects our treatment has on our visitors. We hold a very safe and secure space for this and will go to any extent to make sure our guests are completely happy, comfortable, and amongst natural bliss.