“Can not wait to get back!”

Costa Rica Yoga Spa
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Nosara
GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco, California
“Can not wait to get back!”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I wish that I cold convey here the fact that no matter what anyone says about this place, no matter how wonderful all the reviews are, nothing can capture the beauty of this place. I had looked at all the pictures online, I had watched all the videos and the view when we pulled up completely took my breathe away, it was surreal. Every morning I would wake up to the most amazing view ( and a perfect cup of coffee delivered to my door) and I would sit in my rocking chair, drinking my coffee and I just couldn't believe the magic of this place. After two days of yoga and delicious healthy food I felt like myself again, I felt whole, like all the stress of the last year was completely melted away and I was realigned with my goals and had rediscovered myself again. This was by far the best traveling experience I have ever had, and could not thank Jill and Ben enough for their kind hearts and the magic the have built into this resort. On the drive back to the airport I was already looking up flights for when I could come back!

Room Tip: Just tell Jill any of your expectations and she will exceed it! We had a corner suite and it was stu...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Sorry for the delay in this review but I am feeling very nostalgic as the winter weather and the new year approaches. I traveled to Nosara at a time when I was in need of an escape- from the reality of daily life to the emotional roller coaster I was just stepping off. CYRS hit the spot- from the wonderful hosts to the serene surroundings, I couldn't have imagined a better place to stay in Costa Rica. I plan on going back as soon as I can!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank izzieee
Mesilla, New Mexico
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I could not have asked for a more perfect honeymoon! The spa itself is unbelievably relaxing, welcoming, and rejuvinating. The staff is friendly, the yoga teachers are steller, the food was delicious and the grounds were beautiful. They take care of all the logistics for different activites (surfing, beach trips, stand-up paddleboarding, etc.) which makes it even easier to just relax and enjoy Costa Rica. Just one week at the spa left us completed refreshed and invigorated. I can't say enough wonderful things about our stay!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the 'wisdom' room and had an amazing view of the jungle and ocean.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed December 3, 2011

There is something abut Costa Rica Yoga Spa that makes you relax and happy, but I’m not sure what it is. Is it the location, the nature, the people, or all the above? For whatever it is, you just found the perfect place!

If you are looking for great location, nature, verity of activities, and great accommodation, look no further. Costa Rica yoga spa is situated 1000 feet above sea level and only a mile from the ocean. The area is surrender by Nosara’s jungle, nature, view and sunset that you cannot find anywhere else. You may get up in the morning to the sounds of the howler monkeys, rosters, and singing birds, and within an hour you may be surfing in the best place for surfers. Yes, you are in paradise. ☺

The place is kept neat and clean at all time, great food, and most importantly wonderful people. Jill, Ben and Darin would go out of their way to make sure you are happy there. Btw, Costa Rica yoga spa is not just for yoga; you can go there and plan your own vacation. So what are you waiting for ☺.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank SNevet
Madison, Connecticut
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I am a bit late in wirtting this review, but better late than never!

I booked a Yoga/surfing retreat in August. I had recently gone through a rough patch of life and needed to go somewhere I had never been, and do something I had never done.

Yoga, surfing and Coast Rica were all new to me! The week i spent was exactly what I needed. The food was perfect, the view from the spa is magnificent, the hostpitality was the best I have ever experienced and I cannot wait to go back. Oh yea, this was also the first vacation I had ever taken by myself!

Yoga has become part of my life and I stay in contace with the folks at the Spa. I drink Coast Rican coffee, did some additional surfing this summer, (although nothing compares to the waves and beauty of the beaches in Nosara) and hope to take some spanish classes this winter, so when I go back I can communicate better with the locals.

This is a wonderful trip, alone, with a friend, for relaxation, romance, adventure or whatever your desire the Spa and the staff will make sure you get what you came for.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank robert m
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Wow! I do not even know where to begin explaining how amazing this place is! First off, the grounds and vista are absolutely stunning. Every detail has been carefully thought out and tailored to comfort and serenity. The yoga hut is the most transformational place to practice yoga and meditation! I have to say I miss it daily!

Secondly, every single person that works there is a jewel of a person. From the beautiful hosts Darin, Jill, and Ben to the gardener, Daniel. Everyone has a kind heart and sincerely wants you to have an incredible experience. The place is stunning and the people are comparable to the outside beauty of the grounds.

I did a Yoga Teacher Training in July with Ashley Ludman and absolutely loved it! I would recommend it to anyone. It was a powerful journey into yoga and spirituality. She is an amazing teacher who cares deeply for her students. I have come back to the States and taught 4 classes, and I felt completely prepared and comfortable.

I stayed in a shared room with 3 other girls, and I would not have traded it for the world. The beds were comfortable, there was plenty of room, and the bathrooms were kept very clean. I saw the upstairs rooms as well, and let me tell you, they are stunning. I didn't think the view from our room could get much better, but WOW the top floor takes it to another level.

Every night you dine in the open air dining room that overlooks the jungle and the ocean. I think I took about 50 pictures of incredible sunsets! The food was to die for and so healthy at the same time. The chiefs are friendly and will accommodate a number of diet restrictions.

A few times a week we went on excursions, and they were so much fun. Darin has lived there for 22 years, so we knows his way around the area and EVERYONE knows him. If you ask nicely, he may even take you to some unique spots that not many people know of :)

There are not enough kind words for this heaven on a mountain in Nosara, CR. Every need is attended to, and you feel like you are staying with family. If you do one thing in your life, VISIT COSTA RICA YOGA SPA!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Alicia R
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed August 29, 2011

The Costa Rica Yoga Spa is absolutely heavenly! The operators (Jill, Ben & Darrin) were attentive to our every need while allowing us the privacy to enjoy the natural beauty of Costa Rica. We strongly recommend experiencing their wonderful hospitality and their ability to share the spectacular experience of Costa Rica.
After spending 5 days with locals we moved on to the Hilton Papagayo and spent an additional 5 days at the all inclusive; the experience paled in comparison. No local flavor, average food, and costly side trips.
Again, we will be returning to the land that time forgot to experience the happy local people and the Costa Rica Yoga Spa.

Room Tip: The zip lines (canopy tours) are a must....awesome
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple