“Blue Spirit changes everything!”
Review of Blue Spirit

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Blue Spirit
Ranked #2 of 25 Specialty Lodging in Nosara
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, United States
“Blue Spirit changes everything!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I led a yoga retreat here and it was spectacular. The grounds are amazing. The staff is unbelievable! Body work is ind blowing! The food is outstanding! The way of life is simple and filled with gratitude. It helps us to unwind the United States pace of life and realize what is truly important. Not only will your time be a complete and utter blessing, but when you step back into your normal life, you will have gained a new perspective. All my students are still, 6+ months later, talking about it and implementing their new life perspective into their daily lives! You will not be disappointed no matter if you go to stay or participate in one of the yoga retreats being hosted there! Don't be surprised if you want to live there forever!

Room Tip: It all depends if you want your own private bath or not. The rooms with the outdoor shower is spect...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Trish W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Words cannot express the experience that Blue Spirit offers!
I felt so blessed to have attended a yoga retreat on April 5th-12th at Blue Spirit. This is truly one of the most beautiful, peaceful and tranquil environments. I have travelled the globe and can truly say this was the best trip and one of the most remarkable retreat centers out there. It was my first time to Costa Rica and will not be the last! The pictures/videos do not do this place justice and I had heard that over and over again throughout my stay- everyone was so content and in awe. The staff has some of the best customer service training I have experienced to ensure all the guests are enjoying their stay and comfortable including everyone from the massage therapists, the friendly and helpful front desk staff, kitchen staff, the Café girls and even the housekeepers/groundskeepers that ensure the property and facilities are beautifully maintained. I had a massage by Kabir and Chantal and both were amazing and my only regret is I wish I had done more! There is such great energy here and plenty of space to relax in peace if that is what you are after. The food is absolutely incredible and really a cookbook needs to be made as I have had many cravings since I have been back! As a meat lover, it has really converted me to think about going vegetarian as there was just so much variety and choice- fresh, colourful, healthy and delicious meals. The yoga studios are all so unique and breathtaking which really enhances your practice- the Skymind Hall is breathtaking perched up high overlooking the ocean and our group practiced mostly in the open-aired Nature Studios in which the background was beautiful greenery and pink flowers with plenty of butterflies and often monkeys swinging by and neighbouring cows grazing as well as the new open-aired El Pacifico in the evenings overlooking the ocean sunsets. The saltwater pool is incredible and lots of lounging spots to take in a good read, journal or simply chat with great friends that were made over the weeklong stay.
I stayed in the Hermitage room as solo traveler and it was perfect – the weather was hot in April but the ceiling fan and the wind off the ocean in the distance really helped to cool down at night. Coming from Toronto I really embraced the heat. The howling monkeys were a highlight swinging by my room every morning at 5:00am which was a perfect alarm for my 6am yoga class.
The beautiful long beach is a wild Blue Zone beach and makes it so unique in comparison to the beaches I have visited from all over the world. Most times you could be the only one on the beach which allows for perfect strolls into the town of Guiones, shell collecting or to watch the surfers- perfect surfing waves. The water was so warm and the sunrises/sunsets over the ocean are truly unforgettable!
Thank you to everyone for making my stay one I will never forget and will recommend over and over again! I look forward to my next retreat… until then

Room Tip: Hermitage was great or any rooms within hotel; Nature suites looked amazing as well; Cottages/tents...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank Andrea D
Canmore, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed April 18, 2014

What a Lovely way to escape from Canada's Long, Cold Winter. The Yoga was enjoyable, the Food was enjoyable . . Service is good. Location Excellent. No better way to charge up for the rest of the year, than swimming in the Ocean, Relaxing, watching the sun set. What I really loved about Blue Spirit, are all the little, cosy nooks, where you can sit and read, meditate or just hang around with friends. The Infinity Pool was a favourite hang-out spot for our Group - even 'till late at night. We had the most incredible experience with the Photo Plankton in the Ocean. Seeing the "water" glow and the waves "light up" with the Photo Plankton, while it is pitch black, was a truly Once -in-a-Lifetime experience. We enjoyed the Sunset Horse Riding, the Hiking, and the River Cruise/ Bird Watching.

Room Tip: I was accommodated in one of the Air Conditioned Hotel Rooms, on the 3rd Floor. The Howler Monkeys a...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Edsia
Powell, Ohio
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and I had the wonderful opportunity to participate in a retreat called In the Light Of Love with Deva Premal, Miten and Manose at Blue Spirit in March. The accommodations exceeded our expectations. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the staff is very welcoming and friendly. All the meals were included and were vegetarian. Twice that week, fresh fish was brought in for those who wanted more protein. The soups were amazing and all of the food was so fresh and well prepared. Blue Spirit's pool is a salt water infinity pool. The salt water was so good for the skin and even though I normal use moisturizers, none were needed the entire week. We spent every afternoon in the pool to cool off and found it absolutely delightful. We had a room in the main building which had a private bathroom, balcony with mountain view and the room itself was quite spacious. There were no TVs but they had WiFi available and we used it flawlessly every day. Blue Spirit also has eco-lodges, platform tents and other smaller rooms away from the main building. There are many, many steps everywhere from the main building to the pool, beach, other lodgings onsite. Some of the lodgings away from the main building did not have air conditioning. If you have a problem with stairs or need air conditioning (it was 96F every day we were there), you will need to stay in the main building. The people we talked to who stayed in the rooms with no AC said the staff was very good about providing fans to enhance the airflow provided by the ceiling fans. Because Blue Spirit is in a very eco-friendly region, there are a few things that need to be mentioned. To protect the fragile septic system, no toilet paper could be flushed down the toilet. There was a lidded receptacle next to the toilet for the paper which was emptied daily. It turned out not to be a problem at all to comply and there never was an odor. They also asked us to use their eco-friendly, natural shampoo and conditioner provided at no charge instead of our own products. Again, not a problem. All in all, the program and hotel was so blissful, that we can't wait to go back next year!!

Room Tip: The American dollar was taken everywhere we went so we never had to convert our money to CR colones...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank keo6600
Napa, California
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I went to Blue Sprit for a woman’s spiritual retreat. What a lovely place. I fell in love with Blue Spirit the first day. The food is vegetarian and fish. Food is very good healthy and organic. In the morning, meditation, yoga or tai-chi. Later one attends the workshop. The gardens are lush. Hearing and seeing the howler monkeys is special. Also, seeing parrots is amazing. It is a sanctuary for animals and human beings. It embodies community and sacred spiritual space. The infinity pool was a welcome. Spa was good. No gym. The beach is beautiful. Remember to time your swims with the tides. The low tide was magical and safe. The water was warm, venturing in search of tide pools, and walking the beach (3 miles) was breath taking. At high tide, one needs to careful due to strong currents. I was in room 307 beautiful view and air-conditioned. Most rooms do not have A/C, and I strongly recommend A/C. Plenty of activities during downtime. This is a retreat center for the soul. It is an amazing place. I forgot to mention the staff was warm and friendly.

Room Tip: Room 307 is wonderful. Double beds, A/C and view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank CML32766
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Did a week long yoga retreat. It was wonderful. I am new to yoga and joined a group that I new nothing about. We were a big group and had all of our workouts on the top floor of the main building. Big room with amazing views of the ocean. Other groups met in studios without the view. If this is important to you - you need to ask what studio your group will be using - there are three spaces.

Also I stayed in the main building - lovely. Others stayed in places down the hill. There are lots and lots of steps and in the heat - well it makes a trip to your room for the forgotten water bottle a significant decision. Think about that when you pick out your room.

Also we rented a car (with three people it was cheaper than all the shuttle fees). It was an easy drive in the daylight. If you would have to drive in the dark - it could be a bit confusing. The directions posted on the hotel website at one point say to turn on to a dirt road at the apex of the curve. The road is paved for a few miles - that did confuse us! The car also helped to cut excersion fees. The offsite excersion prices do not include transporation. At $5 to $10 a person each way - it made the car even more affordable.

Overall, lovely, lovely place, nice staff, would highly recommend. I should add the food was good - very healthy. If you like sugary sweets - bring your own.

Also the roosters and monkeys are loud in the morning - if you want to sleep you will need earplugs - even with that I woke up. But I actually enjoyed listening to all the sounds and getting up early. This isn't a place for those that want to sleep in.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Consultant577
Pasadena CA
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in one of the Nature Suites and really enjoyed the privacy, the outdoor shower, and the surrounding nature setting. Food at the resort was vegetarian and flavorful. Wish they would sell a recipe book. View from the yoga studio was stunning!!! The massage studios can be a bit noisy during meal time when there are big groups in the dining room. Lots of stairs from many of the accommodations outside the main building so choose your lodging with this in mind if you have issues with mobility. Schedule your massages and other treatments when you arrive for best availability. I will definitely return to Blue Spirit.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo