“Great Surf Shop & Great People..Thank You” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coconut Harrys Surf Shop and Surf School

Coconut Harrys Surf Shop and Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a full service surf shop that offers surf lessons, rental boards, adventure tours, new and used boards for sale, surf accessories, awesome beach clothes, and gift shop. We have been teaching people to surf in Nosara for more than 10 years. Our Costa Rican surf instructors are ISA certified surf coaches and are excited to teach you to surf in a safe and fun way. We offer private, group, kids, and multipole lesson packages. You can see all the positive reviews from our customers.We also have the biggest supply of quality rental boards to suit every type of surfer. Our beach location is the closest to the sand in town giving you a short walk to the waves with your board. You can also leave your board with us during your stay saving you the hassle of lugging them around town.Our number one goal is to help you have the best surf vacation in Costa Rica. We are your one stop for everything you need and want to do in town. Let us save you the hassle of planning and coordinating. It's our pleasure. Thanks for visiting our Trip Advisor Review page. We hope to see you down for a visit. Pura Vida!!
Deer Park, New York
“Great Surf Shop & Great People..Thank You”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

Well Just got home (Dec 2010) from a 2 week Surf Safari in Costa Rica with the guys.

Coconut Harry's is the best place for all your surfing needs WITH the Best People to help you. They will go out of their way for you to make your trip as special as it can be.

This was my 1st Time in Nosara, and talked to Steve (Coconut Harry's website) via email so we would be all set up when we got there. Mark from rentals was great with getting the bunch of us NY'ers set up with boards. We all had different levels of surfing abilities and not a problem at all. It was great to know if you didn't like surf board you could swap it out for a different ride.

Coconut Harry's Retail Shop has everything you need if you forgot something or want to bring home souveniers. Steve plays a MAJOR role in making you feel right at home.

Steve helped me out big tme. I ran into a problem and picked up the phone called Steve and he didnt hesitate to help and I really appreciate everything he did.

I am counting the months to go back down there and stop in and say Hola!

I would like to point out out that its not just a surfboard rental and retail shop. Its nuts to bolts. They can set you up with hotels arrangements and rent-a-car or pick up from the airport to hotel and back.

I will be using that for my next trip.
Being a NY'er, the transition from rushing everywhere you go to all of a sudden RELAXTION was sooo easy. The People, the Country and the Waves. It is Pure Vida!!

I cannot say enough positive vibes about Coconut Harry's and the people who work there.

Hasta Pronto Amigos,
Andy (FDNY)

P.S.
I hope my GoPro finds its way to the shop...I am still hoping it shows up.

New York City, New York
“Pura Vida - Thanks Coconut Harry's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2010

Recently spent a week in Costa Rica which included 10 Private Lessons with Cristian SantaMaria from Coconut Harry's. Spent the first day in the white wash and never looked back. I have had a lifetime goal to learn to surf and Cristian and the Coconut Harry's team made it a reality. I look at the pictures from the last day and can't believe it's me surfing. Trying to find a way to make it back in April....Pura Vida to all the gang there!

Conifer, Colorado
“Great People, Great Surf Shop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2010

My wife and I and her brother and his wife recently visited Costa Rica and Nosara for the first time. Coconut Harrys was the first stop once in town to rent 3 surfboards. Steve has an awsome selection to choose from. Mark set us up with some great boards for the week. The process was very easy. You can also leave your rental with them every day if you have no place to put it at your rental house. Another cool thing is you can try a different board every day if you want. Steve and all his employees are great! His shop reminds me of the ones I grew up hanging around growing up in Cali. We will be back next year and Steve's shop will again be one of the first stops. I highly recommend you stop in when in Nosara.

Fort Collins, Colorado
“We'll go back to Coconut Harry's again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2010

12 of us arrived in Nosara with all different levels of ability and desire to surf. Steve and his crew at Coconut Harry's were able to accomodate all of with lessons and rentals that matched everything we needed. There was no pressure to sign up for anything we didn't want, they were very flexible and the emphasis of everyone was to get us out in the water as quickly and often as possible. Their shop down by the beach is the one of the things we enjoyed most as we could come and go as we pleased and have a board waxed up and ready to go. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well.

New York City, New York
“The place for Boards and Instruction In Nosara”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2010

We spent a week with these guys and they were great.
Great Board selection, as well as instructors.
Overall just really good people!
In my opinion, Harrys's is the place to rent or take lessons in Nosara...
Tj
Ps..Also, unlike other places, no BS or creative charges when returning boards!