“Excellent Instructors!”

Coconut Harrys Surf Shop and Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a full service surf shop that offers surf lessons, rental boards, adventure tours, new and used boards for sale, surf accessories, awesome beach clothes, and gift shop. We have been teaching people to surf in Nosara for more than 10 years. Our Costa Rican surf instructors are ISA certified surf coaches and are excited to teach you to surf in a safe and fun way. We offer private, group, kids, and multipole lesson packages. You can see all the positive reviews from our customers.We also have the biggest supply of quality rental boards to suit every type of surfer. Our beach location is the closest to the sand in town giving you a short walk to the waves with your board. You can also leave your board with us during your stay saving you the hassle of lugging them around town.Our number one goal is to help you have the best surf vacation in Costa Rica. We are your one stop for everything you need and want to do in town. Let us save you the hassle of planning and coordinating. It's our pleasure. Thanks for visiting our Trip Advisor Review page. We hope to see you down for a visit. Pura Vida!!
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I am a single mom with 2 kids ages 16 and 21. We stayed in Nosara from December 23, 2013 until Jan 1, 2014.

My kids took private lessons through Harrys and we all loved it! They had Nelson and Jose as their private instructors and they were fantastic! Both kids go up the very first day.

Nelson was very kind and so much fun. Jose was funny and a great teacher as well. Both kids loved their instructors and were sad when we had to leave (as was I).

We cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

A great place to learn how to surf and so much more. My family had a variety of requests for this vacation and Steve and Mark made them possible. My girls wanted surf lessons and after a half an hour learning the basics they were standing and riding the waves. May I also mention they have a photographer who caught it on some amazing pictures, thanks Dave. A surf shop with a personal photographer great idea! My husband wanted to boogey board and forgot his rash guard, no biggy, Coconut Harry's has rentals so he was set. The shop also arranged our deep sea fishing tri, zip line tour and paddle boarding, it was one stop shopping. I forgot to mention that they have a fabulous taco bar outside, great after a morning workout? oh and the surf shop has great items at good prices. Thumbs up for Coconut Harry's!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I took 3 private surf lessons at Coconut Harry's, one with José and 2 with Jordan.

My first lesson was with José and although I've surfed before, it had been a while so we started out in the whitewater where I got up on a few waves before heading out to catch some of the bigger waves. José was incredibly energetic and his energy definitely rubbed off and made me even more excited. I was exhausted, but happy by the end of the 90-minute lesson. Only advice I would give to José is to spend more time on the instruction on the beach, how to pop up, etc. I found it difficult using his method as I am a bigger guy and not quite as agile as I'd like to be.

My next 2 lessons were with Jordan and I couldn't have been happier. He is an awesome instructor and with his instruction I rode some of the best waves of my life. He took the time to explain the how and why of everything and his method for popping up worked a lot better for me. I don't think I would change a thing.

Everyone at Coconut Harry's was very welcoming. We were down there quite a bit during our 3 week stay since we often ate at the Beachdog Cafe right next door and chatted often with Jordan, José and Marq.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a really good Surf shop, has everything you need for surfing plus a lot of great gifts/tokens to take home.
I needed surf wax and ended up leaving with a Hoodie and a lot of Bumper Stickers.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I traveled to Nosara in May 2013 and had 4 surf lessons with Nelson at Coconut Harry's. I had taken a few lessons on a previous trip to CR, but Nelson added really helpful instruction to what I had already been taught. I never stopped smiling and laughing. Marq helped me with my booking and all my silly questions, and everyone I encountered at the shop and beach-side rental were fabulous. It was a PERFECT experience and I will certainly head straight to Coconut Harry's when I visit Nosara again!