“Delicious meal and Beautiful Beach views!”
Review of La Luna

La Luna
Ranked #4 of 98 Restaurants in Nosara
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Visited this restaurant after a recommendation from one of the staff members of our hotel. Hit up Tripadvisor with our free wifi and read through some mixed reviews about the service/quality and price....decided it was worth a try to see the sunset over dinner during our Honeymoon in Nosara!

We made reservations for 5pm as the sun sets around 6pm, hoping we would get a good spot! The afternoon brought along rain so we kept our fingers crossed and thankfully it passed leaving us with a beautiful clear evening.

We ended up being the first guests at the restaurant so we had our choice of tables! We chose one under the awning as the tables closer to the beach were wet from the afternoon showers. We ordered our drinks (my watermelon margarita was very tasty!) and waited maybe 15 minutes for them. In their defense, they were clearly just opening for the evening and we could hear the blender making everything from scratch. Ordered the Foccacia as an appetizer before we headed down to the beach to take some photos.

The Focaccia was more of a flatbread, but was amazing! Would definitely order again. Our mains came out quickly and were equally as tasty, and the portions were HUGE! I chose the beef kabobs and my husband got the fish tacos. Best kabobs I have had in my life! The meat was tender and well-flavoured and it came with a number of sides (salsa, fresh cut fries, colseslaw, couscous, hummus, etc.) Couldn't finish my meal and left no room for dessert but it was well worth it!

We brought $150 along with us under the impression that this was a pricier restaurant and we would have some cocktails (some referred it to American prices), but we were shocked that our bill was only about $50. Can't say the service was outstanding, I don't remember anything that stood out, but for the quality, value and beautiful views, I think it's a must if you're in the area!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,409)

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I celebrated my birthday here last week, and liked it so much we returned for lunch a few days later. The restaurant overlooks the ocean, and you can walk down to the beach from it. It's set mostly on a veranda - with a small "garden"/outdoor seating area with daybed=like seating - great for cocktails. Speaking of which - they make a delicious passion fruit mojito. Our kids loved the watermelon/mint smoothies. The food has a Mediterranean flair. Hummus, eggplant, cumin and other flavors. But you'll also find fish tacos and some more traditional CR fare. The steak was sensational, served over grilled vegetables with thick cut fries and a chimi churri-type sauce - also with a dash of balsamic reduction. We had five main courses and no disappointments. My 6 year old devoured most of his enormous pizza - word to the wise - sharing entrees or pizzas makes a lot of sense - the portions are huge. Also delicious is the calamari - lightly breaded and served with a delightful slightly spicy tartar sauce. A word of caution - as with any meal in this area, patience is a must. Service is friendly, but there is just no rushing things. It comes when it comes. If you're hungry, order your meal when you order drinks, or you could be waiting an extra 15 or 20 minutes to eat! But relax and go with Tico time. You are here to enjoy! Oh yes. Highly recommend reservations! This place is busy for just about every dinner.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Love this restaurant. Perfect for sunset drinks and an early dinner, or for late night drinks and dancing (when the DJ nights are on). The food was delicious both times we were here and the staff attentive.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I always come here on almost a weekly basis. Great atmosphere, love to walk their from the beach, love all the food I've ever gotten there! We will miss it while we are away. Can't wait to return for more!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Great food and if you catch it on the right night there are awesome dance parties. A local favorite for travelers.