“Great dinner selections”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Lawrence, Massachusetts
“Great dinner selections”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Four of us went for dinner last night. We had heard that the food was very good but the prices might be higher than other places. The dining area is high up and gentle breezes made it comfortable. It seemed we were away from everything and heard howler monkeys in trees some distance away. The choice of items is varied. The quantities are large. We went with a selection of appetizers that we shared along with a generous glass of house chianti. Food was geat and the owner personally made sure we were happy.

• Visited March 2013

Toledo, Ohio
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Excellent food, excellent surroundings, charming owner. We had a large group and they were just delightful to us. Mmmmwa!

• Visited January 2013
Camarillo, California
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Dolce Vita, has the reputation of the best food in Nosara for a reason! I have eaten there several times on my yearly visits to Nosara, every time is great! I love the personal care you get directly from the owner Roberto, he is always making sure each table is happy and satisfied with everything. I lived in Italy for 2 years, this is true Italian food at its best! By far, I think he has the best pizza in town, they use quality chesse and put on a lot of toppings, not just sporadic little peices like most other pizza places in Nosara, and best of all, they are less expensive than the other pizza restaurants. The pastas are incredible! My favorite is the "Russo". The word around town is that it is expensive, I find it less expensive than many of the other restaurants in town, especially for pasta and pizza. The specialties are not on the cheap side, but are very fair valued for the incredible food you are eating, everything is first quality, and many of the ingredients are straight from Italy. I would suggest making a reservation, and dressing up a bit.

Visited February 2013
Edmonton
“Terrible service”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Went here with our friends ve in Nosara and heard it was the place to go, well I won't go back. Terrible service, had to wait 15 min just to order the drink, then wait 15 min to get it. Ordered lobster, it was supposed to be 2 whole lobsters, i got what looked like 2 big shrimps, overcooked and small. My wifes meal (lobster ravioli) was good though, just hate terrible service.....

Visited February 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
“Excellent Italian Food in the Jungle”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Set off the road amongst the trees, La Dolce Vita is a special place to have a meal. The owner, Roberto, is from Italy and knows real Italian cooking. Having been to Italy several times myself, I found the dishes to be of the same quality found in local restaurants and homes in Italy. The house Chianti is great. The bread included with each meal is very good with plenty of real garlic oil and giardiniera to go with it. The antipasti are very good with a variety to choose. Roberto even has real buffalo mozzarella and it is very delicious. The main courses are large. The specials use what ingredients are fresh that day and are creative, but still use true to Italian cuisine. Chilled limoncello is given to everyone gratis after the meal. The staff were all very friendly and polite. Overall, La Dolce Vita is a very good experience in the Nosara area.

• Visited February 2013