“Excellent Italian Food in the Jungle”
Review of Dolce Vita

Dolce Vita
Ranked #23 of 82 Restaurants in Nosara
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Set off the road amongst the trees, La Dolce Vita is a special place to have a meal. The owner, Roberto, is from Italy and knows real Italian cooking. Having been to Italy several times myself, I found the dishes to be of the same quality found in local restaurants and homes in Italy. The house Chianti is great. The bread included with each meal is very good with plenty of real garlic oil and giardiniera to go with it. The antipasti are very good with a variety to choose. Roberto even has real buffalo mozzarella and it is very delicious. The main courses are large. The specials use what ingredients are fresh that day and are creative, but still use true to Italian cuisine. Chilled limoncello is given to everyone gratis after the meal. The staff were all very friendly and polite. Overall, La Dolce Vita is a very good experience in the Nosara area.

There are newer reviews for Dolce Vita

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Between Playa Guiones and Garza on West side of road (hwy 160.) 100 meters South of Nosara Spanish Institute and Super Dos Lorenas. I realized why not all maps show this delightful restaurant. Because, then you would never get a reservation. Possibly the best Italian food I have ever experienced. The owner, Roberto, skillfully guided us through the extensive menu. I had the dorado tuna with the "vinegar" sauce. Don't let that fool you. The sauce turned out to be a fabulous balsamic reduction with a sweet cream finish. This restaurant is a real DON'T MISS!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Love the atmosphere and portions that La Dolce Vita offers. Roberto is a great host and Nesmer and the other servers are always on top of it. Some meals are pricey, some are downright cheap, but all are worth it. Hope to have many a meal here in the future.
PS: Look out for there FISH BOWL cocktails!! so good.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had a great night at Dolce Vita. All the food, both starters, mains and desserts were delicious. We shared a lot of the dishes, so got to taste many of the items on the menu. I also got the biggest gin&tonic in my life. Which tasted great. I had a creamy pasta with ham, gratinated in the oven, and I still feel full. I also tasted the amazing lobster ravioli. I'm just sorry that I didn't disocver this restaurant untill my last day in Nosara. I will for sure come back!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Roberto will take extra special care of you as he show you the freshest caught seafood in his signature menu. La Dolce Vita will fill you up with superb made-just-for-you dinners & appetizers. It's too difficult to choose my favorites here because there are so many!
Janet Grosshandler (New Jersey, USA & Nosara- as many times a year as I can get here!)