“Great food and great service in a unique setting, you'll want to come back again.”
Review of Dolce Vita

Dolce Vita
Ranked #20 of 81 Restaurants in Nosara
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 7, 2012

The owner is completely off the grid, no cell phone, no email, no website! Originally from NYC he started a little slice of Italy in Nosara. The food is amazing, you are started with foccacia bread made with his pizza dough (yummy and thin), I had the Jumbo Shrimp in Garlic and olive oil which was really good, the pasta was done to perfection. His personal attention to every table makes you feel right at home along with the complimentary lemoncello served after dinner. A definate must do!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Viajam0s

Granville, Ohio, United States
“Delicious”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We didn't expect to find an expat Italian cooking such good Italian food in Costa Rica, but this popular restaurant deserves its good reviews. The ravioli with tallegio-truffle sauce was my kids' favorite, along with the maccheroni with broccoli sauce. The black squid ink ravioli stuffed with seafood in an asparagus cream sauce was also great. The $10 pizzas are enough for two.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Margot S
La Mesa, California
“Long way to go for mediocre Italian...”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Dolce Vita is a pretty long drive south of Nosara. I wish I couid say it was worth it, but the pasta tasted canned. The food was moderately priced but the wine! Some of the bottles topped $100' and were similar to Manhattan for the quality /price ratio. Not what you'd expect to find in Nosara.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Mystery_Traveller00
Dallas
“Good - just not great - Italian Food”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

It may seem silly to expect top tier Italian Food in a beach city in Costa Rica, but I had heard so many raves about this place that maybe my expectations were too high. The staff was attentive & friendly & the service was good.

Here's how I would rate the food: For Italian Food in a Central American beach locale - 9 out of 10. For Italian Food compared to any moderate sized U.S. city - 6 out of 10. Which is to say it was good, just not great. The overall ambience was very good. All seats are open-aire allowing for nice tropical breezes & a relaxed atmosphere. I will go back the next time I am in Nosara, but I will probably order the pizza & just enjoy the atmosphere.

• Visited March 2012
Texas
“Overpriced, overpriced, and overpriced.”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

After reading several good reviews, my girlfriend and I decided to try Dolce Vita on our last night in Nosara. Quick tip, save your money and go somewhere else. We ordered "fresh tuna tar tar", which we love, and got what appeared to be (and tasted like) moist cat food. We politely told the waiter we didn't care for it and he removed it from our table. Dinner plates were just okay, nothing special. (and not worth $18 each) The complimentary limoncello was nice, and our waiter was very courteous. When we asked for the check, I overheard the waiter ask the owner if he should remove the uneaten appetizer from the bill, to which Roberto (the owner) quickly replied "NO". So we paid (too much) and tipped well (wasn't the waiter's fault?!) and promptly went to the hotel and wrote this review! Avoid this money trap at all costs, after all, there are so many other good restaurants in Nosara!

• Visited March 2012