“Nice dining experience”

Ranked #12 of 90 Restaurants in Nosara
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The open air restaurant at the Harmony seats 40 guests in a stylish but casual atmosphere that draws upon 70's surf culture, Brazilian Modernism, and old school tropical resorts. Taking its cue from a harmonious way of living, the kitchen primarily cooks up local and organic seafood, fruits, and vegetables as well as a selection of chicken dishes.
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Beautiful space with attentive staff and excellent food and drink. I had the tuna and it was the best I've probably ever had.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I don't like giving a restaurant an average rating but must say our meal was very average.
First, we ordered drinks that were Very slow coming. We took our time ordering but the food arrives with our cocktails. My daughter and I had the shrimp. It was fairly bland; the rice was cooked uneven, some kernels still raw. We ate at a different restaurant in Nosara every night and really expected better from the Harmony. Compared to the other restaurants we sampled, the Harmony was overpriced and under serviced.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Well, I really liked Harmony the first few times that I ate there... the food is great... but there's just one problem.... or maybe more than one..

First off, what the heck is an up-tight place like this doing in Nosara?? The clients are pretentious.. and I was able to overlook that for the smoothies.... the vibe is very much that of important people .. well, better said, people who feel that they are important... .... but then..... we dared to take a dip in the pool... seeing as how we'd had 3 or 4 dinners there, several smoothies and were on our way to the smoothie bar..... we figured it would be ok.... It's not. We got reprimandede for using the pool... well ok, we'll leave then instead of getting our smoothies.. but then.. the guard at the door accused us of stealing a towel!! And tried to stop us from leaving! Radioing to and fro with hotel security to see how naughty we'd been. HaH! Really? Do we really look like towel stealers? We're not in case you're wondering.

I get it, they don't want people who aren't staying there to use the facilities... but we don't look homeless, we had been eating there often.. and they treated us like criminals... BANNED! There are plenty of great smoothies elsewhere in Nosara in places that aren't so uptight... like the BEACHDOG! They make all my smoothies now :) We've heard that last about namaste oasis.

1  Thank Kristyn B
Cayuga S, Manager at Harmony Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear KristynB,
we have received your review about your experience at our restaurant and wish to clarify a few facts. You were rightly informed that the pool is for registered guest use only. However, if you would have asked us to use the pool as a frequent visitor to our restaurant, I am sure we would have been able to find a way to accomodate you. But just using the pool without asking is not right. In terms of the towel issue. This must have been a misunderstanding. No hard feelings though. Be assured that the vibe at Harmony is totally intact. All the best,

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Breakfast is great. Juice bar even better. For dinner, sushi okay, but be careful for allergies. The waiter and chef claimed Pecorino cheese (sheep's milk) was Parmegiano (Cow's milk) because they shrugged like, it must be one and the same, tastes somewhat similar. Caught me off guard and my daughter took only two bites and her allergies came on in seconds. My bad, I should've watched her order . I had Benadryl and Epi pen, all went well ...yet the waiter kept insisting that Pecorino is parmigiano or cow's milk, I had to enlighten both the waiter and chef and show them the PECORINO label, and 99.9% of Pecorino made in Italy is sheep's milk.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is the restaurant in the Harmony Hotel. We went for dinner and drinks one evening during our week in Nosara. The restaurant has an interesting menu with gourmet mix of Tico, Asian, and European influences. There are also organic and vegetarian options. Both the food and the service were very good. And, I should add that the Tropical Sangria was particularly memorable!

NOTE - They DO accept credit cards!