“One of my favorites... world wide”
Review of KayaSol Surf Hotel

KayaSol Surf Hotel
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Nosara
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I found the location and staff of Kaya Sol to be incredibly accommodating to us at our 60 customers that came in our 4 week stay. I can't wait to get back down there and visit the incredible waves and food. beachtravellers.com gives Kaya Sol a Two-thumbs up!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TJHBT
SOL27, Owner at KayaSol Surf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2011

Cant wait for you and your great beach traveler groups to come back we always have a good time and GREAT WAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you soon!
PURA VIDA~KAYASOL SURF HOTEL

Reviewed February 8, 2011

For the past 4 years we have been taking solo and group travellers alike to Costa Rica and the high light of their trip is always our stay at Kaya Sol. In the sleepy town of guiones this is the perfect place to chill by the pool, relax in the restaurant or head to the beach, which is a close as you can get. Can't thank the crew there enough, keep it up! Gracias!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

WE LOVE HAVING YOU HERE and surfing with you. Beach travelers brings the greatest groups of people. SEE YOU SOON!
PURA VIDA~ KAYASOL

Reviewed November 16, 2010

Maybe it's not a reason to stay at a place - when you can just eat there and stay nearby, but being beside an amazing restaurant that is no longer party central is a good reason for me to recommend this place. 'Rising Sun' the re-invented restaurant is awesome and no longer where the party is from what I hear. This place now caters to a quiter more relaxed crowd who like vegetarian food, yoga and relaxation. I like it. Good value for the dorms and long term stayers.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends

Glad you had such a great time! The vibe is now perfect for relaxing and healthy natural living. No more loud party scene, just all the perfect Costa Rica, pura vida. Surfing great food yoga and chilling out in the green jungle watching monkeys. See you soon!
PURA VIDA ~ KAYASOL

Reviewed August 6, 2010

I'd rate this high because of excellent location and well equipped cooking facilities in the dorm and great little shop across the road for supplies, nice pool etc.. But what really did it for me is that when I left my computer behind (I know) they packed it up and send it to me and I'm typing on it now. Good on ya Judy and Cynthia!

I did get bitten to pieces by 'noseeums' though.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

OUR STAFF IS FAMILY and will treat you like family too. Glad we could help and that you enjoyed the dorm and the kitchen. See you again!!

PURA VIDA ~ KAYASOL

Reviewed June 7, 2010

First impression of the staff: I arrive at the reception with my 16 kilo backpack on after walking and sweating for 15 minutes and the girl just locks the door in front of me without even asking if I needed something or by any chance HAD A RESERVATION! The owner (woman) is a lot worse, arrogant and not helpful.

Anyway we stayed five nights in a 6 person dorm (the one where a cat always manages to sneak in) with kitchen, really nice. The kitchen is good for cooking, the bathroom is big and clean. The wooden bunk beds are noisy if people move around.

5 minute walk to the surf beach and beautiful swimming pool with trees all around; a pity that the waterfall (over and in the swimming pool) is not active any more.

One night we could even hear howler monkeys in the trees next to our bungalow (definitely a plus).

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

There must of been a emergency for the door to be locked on you like that. We treat all our guests with the utmost care and tend to there every need. Glad you enjoyed the kitchen and the short walk to the beach.The waterfall is now on all day and most of the night. Come back and see us and you will get the proper PURA VIDA greeting that you deserve. The owner you talk to is my mother in-law, must of caught her on a bad day she is usually very helpful and sweet.

PURA VIDA~KAYASOL

Reviewed May 19, 2010

This is my first ever Trip Advisor review. I normally wouldn't complain but my b/f and I had the worst experience at Kaya Sol. It first started with the kitchen facilities they provide. We like to cook while travelling to cut down on costs but what they provide is impossible to use. No bowls, a spatula that melts, a pot that's so large you can't use it for two and broken plates. The 'stool's' that they have for sitting are made for little children. I couldn't even reach the table. The roof also leaked when it rained at night, conveniently over the bed. They also don't mention that the bar beside the place has blaring music each night until 11pm. Not great for a surfer who would like some sleep. They also didn't clean the pool frequently and lastly, when we couldn't take it anymore and explained all of our issues to the owner, he made us pay a fine for leaving early. But the best part was that when we paid the fine he said "I feel bad for taking your money but I need it anyways". Nice guy. I would not recommend this place to any of my friends. There are much nicer and friendlier places in Nosara.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LKNCND

We are sorry that you feel you were inconvenienced. We refunded your money in full when you decided to leave early however we felt it necessary had to adhere to our 48 hour cancellation policy that you agreed upon. We make our best effort to keep our kitchens fully stocked however we are in a quiet isolated area far from super shopping centers. We fixed the leaky roof immediately, purchased new stools, found a new pool contractor and the restaurant now closes at 10 pm every night. Perfect for all of you early morning chargers. Thank you for your criticism as it has helped us improve.

Pura Vida~KayaSol

Reviewed April 23, 2010

The price was not bad. We got "the" room with A/C, or at least we thought so since it didn't work, unfortunately we found out at night when the front office was closed, at least the room had a good fan and managed to sleep. Additionaly, the toilet was not clean and it was plugged; the only person there was the guard who didn't even have a plunger! Finally, he found one and got that part solved. We were told by the front desk that the Cafe Launge (very close to the rooms) closed at 10:30 pm but it ididn't ...again, not for light sleepers.
We only stayed one night and even though we were refunded the for not having the A/C working I would definitely NOT stay there again. The place is noisy, bathroom very small, nothing but trouble. I I know problems happen, but you should be prepared to solve them.
The only good thing was the Cafe Louge, hot spot in the area, good food!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elisa-Edgar

Our staff is now better equipped to handle problems that may arise and the restaurant closes every night by 10 pm. We still have great food, the a/c is fixed and the beach is calling for you!

Pura Vida~KayaSol