“A sociable, well located hotel with surf in sight.”
Review of KayaSol Surf Hotel

KayaSol Surf Hotel
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Nosara
Reviewed January 22, 2012

A hotel with a good location with an easy walk to a wonderful stretch of beach and surf. The restaurant and bar area, which also has a small pool, is well laid out and a place for social interaction. The food is reasonably priced and good. Some of it very good and if you are staying there you get a further 10% discount on food. The only issues were a little noise past the time when quiet should be the norm and my room was not as clean as it could have been and in fact wasn't cleaned or made up for the second night I was there! Bar staff and reception staff were very helpful and friendly and overall it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2012
Sohan K, Owner at KayaSol Surf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Glad you enjoyed our location close to the beach with all of the amenities. We at KayaSol are constantly striving to help make a more sustainable planet by incorporating a green cleaning schedule. All of our rooms are supplied with cleaning cards to be used when our clients feel they would like an extra cleaning within the 48 hour rotation. We enjoyed having you as part of our KayaSol family.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I only stayed for one night. This hotel is in a great location, easy walk to the beach and the bar. The rooms are clean and secure. The beds were comfortable. Hot water in the showers! This is a great deal at this price.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank GringoVagando

So glad to hear you had a wonderful stay. Look forward to seeing you again next time for a longer visit!

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Let me start with the fact that the rooms, staff, and restaurant were Great! Had a fabulous stay, felt very comfortable and safe the 6 nights I stayed. The restaurant food is absolutely Amazing!
Only problem was their Credit Card system...At first I was apparently over-charged for the private room the first 2 nights. I then moved to a different private room and was once again scrambled around for the charges. When I asked for a receipt of the credit card charges, I was at first told I couldn't have one, then I was given a simple hand-written receipt once I pressed the issue for proof. Now that I am looking at my Credit Card statement, they over-charged my rooms by 30%!!
Definitely be careful with the room charges!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Zeke M
Sohan K, Owner at KayaSol Surf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2012

I am happy to hear that you had such a wonderful, comfortable visit and that you enjoyed the amazing food at our restaurant. During your visit we were in the 3 day process of upgrading to the most advanced credit card processing center and on-line booking engine available on the market today. During these 3 days of integrating into a seamless system, there was some over-lapping of charges. The printer needed to be programmed separately to connect to this new system and therefore our receptionist was not able to print a formal receipt. All extra charges however have been refunded in full. I apologize for any inconveniences this caused you.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Kaya Sol for our honeymoon we couldn't have asked for a better place. The staff was beyond helpful and personable we really felt like part of their family. The food was delicious courtesy of Jorge. We looked forward to socializing with him at dinner every night. Also the beach was maybe a 3 min walk from the hotel. Any excursions we wanted to go on or had questions about Judy was there to answer. We were BEYOND SATISFIED and will be returning for another stay at KayaSol.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HIllary B
Reviewed September 12, 2011

One of the nicer looking hostels I've stayed in, probably because it is a hotel with hostel/dorm-style options. The pool with the waterfall was great if you wanted to get some sand off or just get tired of the beach for whatever reason. Bathrooms were clean except when the sink got clogged one day, but that was fixed quickly. I think it is better for families and people traveling together rather than solo travelers though but it's a great for the price (and there aren't many hostel options in Playa Guiones, especially in the low season).

Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank alda8
Sohan K, Owner at KayaSol Surf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Thank you for your review. Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back again next year!

Reviewed April 19, 2011

The Kaya Sol Hotel was perfect for my stay. I had business in the area for a week and the apartment I rented at Kaya Sol was a great location for some of the meetings I had, I also used the restaurant for group meetings where the hotel and restaurant staff were very accommodating to my needs. I was able to walk to other hotels, restaurants, the internet cafe and other meetings I had during the week with no need for a car. I did get some surfing in and rented a nice surf board from the office there at Kaya Sol.
When vacation time comes I know where I will be staying, Kaya Sol Surf Hotel.
Thanks for the help with my trip, Tom Kane

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I love Kaya sol! I'm going back for a second full month stay in June of this year! We stayed for a month last year and it was so relaxing. Nice to be right by the beach with good waves. We left for a couple weeks last year to go check out another spot in Costa Rica but decided to go right back to Kaya sol because it was so good. This year we will be staying there the whole time. The pool is awesome for chillin out between the morning and afternoon surf sessions. the rooms are clean and have everything that you need. There is a nice restaurant right there with delicious well priced food. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. My favourite part is that it is like a 4 minute walk through the jungle to a beautiful beach with waves. Awesome hotel!!

Room Tip: Room number 10 is where it's at!
  • Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank jenglot

Thanks so much for the raving review! We love all of you Canadians that bring the love down from the great white north. Hope to see more of you either solo or with the Beach Travellers in the future. And yes.....#10 is the most sought after "big group" room. See you next time!