“Lovely people, very peaceful location, great stay!”
Review of Nosara B&B Retreat

Nosara B&B Retreat
Ranked #6 of 19 Nosara B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely people, very peaceful location, great stay!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Nosara retreat is a beautiful property in what seems to be the heart of a forrest, while still only a five minute walk from the Ocean. It's very peaceful and serene, the people who own it are exceptionally friendly, the rooms are simple, comfortable and clean and it offers delicious continental breakfast in the morning. I would totally recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a neat, relaxed and hospitable place to stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
columbus, ohio
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Nosara B&B over Thanksgiving and had a great time. We were invited to Thanksgiving dinner with Deborah and the fellow community members at the B&B. Everyone was lovely and welcoming. Deborah worked around our surf schedule and had breakfast ready for us every monrning at 6am. We often had great talks during our morning breakfast. We will definitely come back to visit Deborah and stay at the B&B. The B&B is truly a relaxing and enchanting place that I recommend to everyone!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Earth
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Nosara Retreat in March of 2012 and I returned on my own for one of their retreats in November of 2012. First and foremost, I have to compliment the owners for their hospitality and friendliness. Meeting Deborah and Michael feels more like meeting a family member that you have not met before than meeting the owners of an Inn. They went so far beyond the norm to make sure that we were comfortable and to provide a space that you can truly relax in. The workshop that I attended was one of the most profound experiences of my life which was made possible by not only the quality of the speaker but the beautiful setting in which it was received. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Although there is restaurants nearby, I really liked having a kitchen to cook up meals made from the fresh produce that Costa Rica offers. The beach is a very short walk and my written word can not do justice to the beauty and serenity of Playa Pelada. This is not an international hotel/resort company. The owners live on the property and care very much for the retreat and all those that stay there. I highly recommend Nosara Retreat for those who want a comfortable laid back place to stay that is a short walk from the beach.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I participated in a yoga retreat at Nosara B&B Retreat (Rhythms of Joy, a wonderful yoga, dance and singing retreat led by Tiina Kivinen), and I found Deb and Michael (the owners) to be extremely welcoming and supportive of creating a magical experience. The food was amazing, the rooms are lovely, and the close proximity to the magnificent Playa Pelada beach (a couple minutes walk) was highly convenient. I loved the atmosphere of beautiful gardens, and thought it was great that they supported local howler monkeys in getting across the road by creating a crossing for them and helping to maintain their habitat. Be prepared to take a taxi to nearby restaurants, or get groceries from nearby stores before dark so you don't walk home in the dark unless you are with other people (common sense traveling in any foreign country - violence in Costa Rica is very low, but theft must be cautioned against!), and I suggest visiting the nearby Playa Guiones in the daytime via walking along the beach. Taxis to and from Guiones are affordable however, and you can get help getting one from the owners.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed October 11, 2013

full splendour, beautiful simple rooms, with excellent cleanliness, confort, service and very friendly stuff, a beautiful five mintue walk to the extraordinary PLAYA PELADA, THE BEACH!!

ONE OF MY FAVOURITES IN THIS WONDERFUL EARTH

Room Tip: at this very quite and very special place, I suggest you to pay attention to the wonderful shift fro...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Nosara Retreat was one of the best choices I made on my trip. I was so glad I booked three nights there. The property is beautiful and well maintained, and the people are so kind, welcoming, and helpful. I liked that the property is close to Playa Pelada but far enough away that it feels like a retreat. I wish I could be there now! I would recommend this spot for travelers looking for a bit of quiet in a really well-designed space (but restaurants are still very walkable). I felt incredibly welcome from the first second, which when you're traveling alone can make all the difference! Sending good wishes to Deborah, Petuca, and all the others.

Room Tip: I only explored the main house, but the other buildings seemed nice too. You might be awoken by howl...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kate G
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This retreat is beautiful and quiet and I am sure some people loved it. However, as a woman traveling alone it was VERY ISOLATED. I was warned that sometimes there are break ins and so was very scared at night when it was only me and one other man on the property.

There is NO FOOD on the property except for breakfast.

To get to restaurants at night you either have to take a taxi or have to walk through the DARK ISOLATED WOODS. It really did not seem safe.

Would NOT recommend if you are a single female traveler with no car and not attending a retreat!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo