“It was a our little beacon of light in Nosara!!”
Review of Nosara B&B Retreat

Nosara B&B Retreat
Ranked #4 of 18 Nosara B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We traveled all day to get to Nosara. We arrived at dusk & had no reservations. We stopped by to ask for directions and met Deborah the owner. She gave us directions and answered all of our questions. She was so great & helpful that we decided to just stay there. The property is beautiful. The rooms have what you need & would expect at a B&B. They are in a cute building surrounded by trees. It is a short walk to, quite possibly, the most beautiful beach in the world. Deborah went out of her way to prepare our breakfast an hour early so we could be on time for canopy tour. It included toast\jam, delicious fresh fruit, fresh juice, and wonderful Costa Rican coffee! She also was very accommodating by allowing us to check out a little late so we were able to shower after the zip & literally made calls for us to set up a hotel in San Jose for that night. We could not have asked for a better experience! It was a our little beacon of light in Nosara!! We will defiantly be back as soon as possible!!
Greg & Brian

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Nosara B&B Retreat

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed at the Nosara B and B Retreat and it was amazing. I had my own private room and a shared kitchen/balcony overlooking jungle with lots of monkeys. I was the only one that ever used it so it might as well have been a private kitchen and balcony. The people were very friendly and helpful, the place is clean and well maintained and there is even a yoga studio (out doors surrounded by jungle as well). Great place to stay near a secluded beach and just a quick run or walk to Playa Guionnes for surf and more people.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I had fallen in love with the energy of Nosara, Costa Rica February 2011. I returned again 3 more times since February 2012, with my last visit of 19 days being at Nosara B&B Retreat.

Upon arriving, I could feel the immediate, deep and all pervasive calm and peace set in. Having the ocean only a 5 minute quiet stroll away is also incredibly inspiring. Mornings would be walking the beach strip to the neighboring Playa Gionnes - the surf strip, which also offers some very lovely small shops and great coffee (my incentive). This beach walk was only 30 minutes, which was a great way to greet the day and the ocean.

I am very pleased with the staff, the rooms and the amazing outdoor kitchens! The yoga/dance deck is beautiful and the nature is fully alive, lush and full of creatures.

If you are looking for an intimate and organic home in nature, then this is one of the most precious gems you will find. The energy here is something that is "remembered" when encountered. What I mean is, you will awaken here to your most inspiring Self, because it is so pure and anchoring.

I will return again in December, this time will stay even longer!

Again, a hidden gem!

Room Tip: I Loved the Mango room as it was for me, the brightest with the morning sun.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I came for a week in March and have nothing bad to say about Nosara B & B Retreat or the staff. It was safe, clean and the staff was both helpful and friendly. It is not the Four Seasons and if that is the experience you want you may be disappointed but it is absolutely lovely, perfectly sweet and charming. We stayed in the Mango room in the Treehouse. It was great to have access to the communal kitchen (we lucked out and had the whole thing to ourselves)---- Easy access to the beach, a mere 5 minute walk (bring sandals as the pavement gets toasty) The staff is intimate and extremely helpful but never in your face. It is a truly private a sweet experience and a great bang for your buck!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I stayed the 3rd week of April and found this property to be very well run, very nice room and great staff. The location is exceptional in the Nosara Area. Very quite and very close to the beach. It is a short walk from Pelada to the Guiones Beach from here and you cannot beat the prices they charge. Costa Rica is expensive and it is a challenge to make any money running a hotel and not charging outrageous prices. The Nosara B&B is very reasonable and I found the attention to the details in my room and the property made it a very pleasant stay! The breakfast after morning walk was wonderful and talking with Michael and Debra was great! Thanks to Crystal for the easy reservation process and greeting me upon arrival! I will return!! Thanks again, Dan

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 25, 2012

The only thing I regret about staying at Nosara B&B Retreat is that it was only 1 night!, we wanted more of this small yet cozy beautiful place, and the 5 minutes walk to Pelada Beach, was the lobby for such breathtaking Beach.
Once we met Crystal, Michael and Deborah we felt like we were at their home not at a business, you can feel a lot of positive energy!
We'll be back for more of cozy rooms, howling monkeys wake up calls, healthy breakfast, breathtaking Pelada Beach and warm care of Nosara B&B’s guys!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We´ve stayed there for 5 nights and it was totally worth it. Although we came here in the dry season the Retreat was green, nice and relaxing. The thing I liked the most was the fact that you actually have 4 beaches to visit and none of them is far away so that you can always get there by foot. The beach "Pelada" is just a 5 minutes walk away and definately the best beach! It`s quite and really nice. But still there's the posibility to have some action and visit Playa Guiones where you can watch surfers or go out at night.
I would always come back and recommend it to everyone who wants to get to know the beaches of guanacaste!! It`s an escape from all the touristy places!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family