My husband and I, along with our 2 kids (ages 3 and 7) just spent 3 weeks in Nosara. Casa Tucan was at the heart of what made our time in Costa Rica one of the great highlights of our lives. A few quick (I’ll try to be brief…I could go on and on! ☺) reasons I think it was such fun:
The staff at Casa Tucan is a rather extraordinary crew. I mean all of them…the owners, service staff, management, and surf instructors never failed to amaze us with their attentiveness, kindness, and care for our family. The on-site restaurant became such a family favorite (it quickly became a home away from home for our kids, we think), that we only went out to dinner one other evening the entire three weeks we were in Nosara! ☺ Featuring delightfully delicious foods and a creative menu, Casa Tucan offers daily, fresh-caught, seafood specials, pizza, drinks crafted from locally-produced ingredients, and sooooooooo much more! ☺, all served with love in their open-air restaurant, just a few steps away from the palm-surrounded pool. All of this has created a fun and unique vibe that draws locals and vacationers alike.
The location is spectacular – right in the “sweet spot” in Nosara and Guiones Beach, in terms of proximity to the beach and surfing, to the quaint and lovely restaurants, cafes, and shops on a dirt-paved stretch of “downtown”, to a top-notch massage locale across the street, and to several spectacular yoga centers.
1. Surfing! Guiones Beach is an amazing beach break… perfect for all levels from beginner surfers and kids to those who want to go “outside”, for the fun, often powerful wave sets that will be sure to make a life-long surfer smile. Investing in heading out with one of Casa Tucan’s Safari Surf School’s surf instructor’s will make your experience all the better!
2. Cafe Paris for chocolate croissants.
3. Robin’s Café for just about anything! Be sure to try her home-made ice-cream and sorbets served in the best waffle cones ever!
4. Tica Massage (located across the street from Casa Tucan). Never before a “massage person”, their 30-minute “surfer massage” was a highlight of my husband’s.
5. La Luna Restaurant at sunset. Located just 15 minutes from Casa Tucan on a lovely little beach called Playa Pelada, we dined and enjoyed one of our favorite meals ever!