All reviews frog pad casa del sol fantastic location horseback riding rent boards minute walk david hammocks paradise yoga lodging surfers
Reviewed January 8, 2015

December 2014 was my first experience staying at Villa Tortuga after 10 years of traveling to Playa Guiones/Nosara and all I can say is, "Wow...what an amazing place. One of the best experiences I've had in Nosara!" David and his staff are beyond friendly and attentive, the accommodations top notch with everything you need provided for and just minutes from everything you'll need in town...especially the beach! We had a great 2 week vacation at Villa Tortuga and have made it our top choice moving forward for our yearly trips. Their prices are excellent, the villas well taken care of and property kept clean and looked after 24/7. I highly recommend Villa Tortuga to anyone considering Playa Guiones...whether it be a single person, a couple of a whole family. They have options to suit everyone's needs! Thanks Dave...see you in 2015!

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple
Monkey-ish, Manager at Villa Tortuga, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2015

Mike, you are a beast. Thank you for the review and I really hope that we can get you down here again (maybe even a couple times a year now...)

Reviewed November 28, 2014

I've been to Nosara 3 times in the past 12 months. Each visit I've stayed at Villa Tortuga. Exceptional - no doubt. The accommodations are clean and comfortable. The price is right on. The staff is attentive and welcoming. Dave and his crew ensure that whatever you will need he can make happen.

I've been there with friends and I've visited there with my family -each and every time has been memorable, fun and worth every penny spent.

Make sure to ask Palancho to see if his dad can be available to cook you a traditional Costa Rican dinner. He came to our suite and crafted up the most unbelievable dinner (twice!). A spectacular way to end our fantastic stay a Viila Tortuga.

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled with family

Jeff, so glad to have you back down once again. It was a pleasure to have you down two times in one year. Can we make it three? It's got to be really cold up there now... take care.

Reviewed November 20, 2014

We stayed in Casa Pelicano for a week recently and I can't wait to go back. David was a great host and the entire staff was very accommodating. The villas were dreamy with huge balconies and everything one could want in an apartment. They even have movies and books in the front office along with lessons and rentals. We were able to sit on the balconies overlooking the pool in the evening and then opted for the other side in the morning so we could have our coffee and see some of the howler monkeys in the trees. It was absolutely perfect!

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for the review and I can't wait to have you back with us.

Reviewed October 31, 2014

This is hands down the best place to stay in Nosara. Combine the comforts of what feels like home, with quick beach access, a lovely pool, and some of the nicest people you'll meet anywhere. Everything is at your fingertips here. Just perfect.

Thanks David for taking us at the last minute and making our trip to Nosara the best vacation ever.

Pura Vida!

Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you! You took a chance on the off-season and it worked out great. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Villa Tortuga for a week at the end of July and had an absolutely amazing time. The staff were amazing, very kind and accommodating. I could not say enough good things about this place. David, at the front desk was very prompt and professional at responding to questions over email, he sorted out our drive from the airport in Liberia to the Villa and our return, and made sure our stay was very comfortable. We stayed in Villa Del Mar which is a ground floor suite. Each rooms was equip with air conditioning ( a must have) and cupboards were stocked with all the necessities for cooking. A quick 3min to walk to the beach and a 3min walk down the street to some of the best food I've ever tasted, the surrounding community is amazing, a very friendly and beautiful place to vacation filled with amazing people. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: The ground floor suite had a fair few ants and other critters crawling around and they sometimes made there way into our suite to say hello. If you don't like creepy crawlies I may suggest an upper level room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jay4288

Hope to see you again this year. Take care and thank you for the review.