All reviewsfrog padcasa del solfantastic locationhorseback ridingrent boardsminute walkdavidhammocksparadiseyogalodgingsurfers
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed in two different units at Villa Tortuga during our week long vacation. The first unit was Casa Del Mar, a two bedroom, one bath space with a kitchen and living room area. Only the bedrooms were air conditioned and boy was it hot in Costa Rica. The kitchen was equipped with everything we needed to make coffee and fix breakfast before heading to the beach each day. We stayed in the Casa Del Mar for three nights which was about all our group could stand. Sharing a bathroom with 4 adults and 2 children was not ideal but we managed. On our fourth day we were able to move to the Pelicano unit, it was perfect! Two master suites with private balconies, separate bathrooms, a third bedroom for the kids, laundry room, very large kitchen and living room space and everything had air conditioning, thank goodness. We truly enjoyed our stay and look forward to coming back for another visit (only condition is that we stay in the Pelicano). Thank you Dave and your wonderful staff.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Monkey-ish, Manager at Villa Tortuga, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2015

We're ready to take your reservation any time for Casa Pelicano. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is the second time I've gone down and stayed at Villa Tortuga. David, Alex, Adrianna and the entire team are wonderful. The accomodations are clean, comfortable, spacious. Very convenient to the beach. If you want to experience all that Nosara has to offer the people at Villa Tortuga will gladly make arrangements with excellent and reputable operators. Aside from surfing (they have all the gear and surf instruction you need), we went zip lining, ATV touring and horseback riding. Each and every one of our adventures were wonderful and exciting.

One night, Alex arranged for our group (3 families, 12 people in all) to have dinner prepared for us at our suite. This traditional Costa Rican meal was exceptional. -- this is just another example of Villa Tortuga making sure their guests are taken care of.

I would highly recommend Villa Tortuga and look forward to a return trip!

Room Tip: They are all great rooms!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeffrey G

See you soon Jeff. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed at Villa Tortuga for a week and it was terrific. David (the owner) and his staff were great - very friendly and helpful. The place itself was perfect for us. The beach is practically in the backyard and it's in close proximity to just about everything else (restaurants, grocery, adventure tours, yoga, etc.). The room we stayed in was very comfortable, complete with a kitchen so that we could have some of our meals in. We had one really nice dinner by the pool, which we made on the BBQ. We could rent movies, borrow books, rent surf boards… it really had everything. We would definitely stay there again, and again...

2  Thank Hlss

Thanks for staying with us and I hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Last December I stayed at Villa Tortuga with my family and friends for my wedding. First of all I want to say that the Villa is absolutely beautiful, specially the Treehouse, which is where I stayed. The Villa is walking distance from the beach, which makes it very convenient, especially when sunset time comes because you HAVE to be at the beach at that moment, life literally stops in Nosara to enjoy this magical time of the day. Now to Dave, Dave, Dave…I don’t even know how to begin to describe how helpful this man was the whole trip, actually even before I arrived to Costa Rica. From suggesting bands for the wedding, to transportation around Nosara, to finding a chef for our pig roast, I truly believe I couldn’t have pulled off my wedding without his help and input. Any question, thought or comment I had was answered right away and if he didn’t have an answer he found the person who did. We were calling him the Mayor of Nosara by the end of the trip. Since we rented most of the Villa, he was kind enough to let me have a big party by the pool the day before the wedding and he went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect. And everything was perfect! He always had a smile on his face and was happy to help with anything, he even gave surfing lessons to my sister and her family!…Thank you Villa Tortuga and specially to Dave, because you are now a friend to us and we can’t wait to come back and stay there again!!!

1  Thank Geo1013
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had a great stay at Villas Tortugas (we stayed in Casa Tortuga - first floor unit). It is as close to the beach as you can get. There are also a number of restaurants within walking distance. The house is well-equiped, though, so you could self-cater easily. We traveled with 2 adults and 2 children, ages 6 and 4, and it was perfect for us. The pool is great, the beach is close, you can rent bikes, surfboards, videos, get spa treatments all within the complex (Frog Pad). Very convenient and central. The surf and yoga options are awesome! Also, do some research to see if it's turtle hatching season - it was a highlight! We also saw monkeys just outside of the house most days. The staff is helpful and friendly. You can't go wrong with Villas Tortugas - we'll hopefully return someday!

Room Tip: First floor is very convenient, but remember this is a jungle. You will get some (harmless) insects in your house. If that's an issue for you, choose an upper floor unit. We stayed in Casa Tortuga and loved it.