“Wonderful owner, great staff, beautiful accommodations and an ideal location”
Review of Nosara Beach House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nosara
Nosara Beach House
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Nosara
Washington, DC
“Wonderful owner, great staff, beautiful accommodations and an ideal location”
Reviewed November 2, 2009

I just returned from a wonderful stay at the Nosara Beach House. I was travelling alone and during the slow, rainy October season. The owner, Leah, treated me more like a visiting friend than a customer. She showed me around town and filled me in on all the great restaurants and the local scene. Be sure to eat at the restaurant at (the much more expensive) Hotel Harmony next door - some of the best food I had in Costa Rica. The rooms at Nosara Beach House are ample, nicely decorated, equipped with a safe and small kitchen and patrolled by private security. The house, gardens and pool are beautiful and the environment is one of total relaxation. And yet you are just a short walk to the beach and right in the center of town. It doesn't get much better than this.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
nycsar
Reviewed June 3, 2009

I just returned from a surfing vacation in Nosara and 3 friends and I stayed at Nosara Beach hotel. The grounds of the hotel are impeccable, beautiful gardens, beautiful pool, very tranquil and a short walk to spectacular sunsets down the path to the beach.
The hotel rooms were very clean and comfortable. Overall I would highly recommend. Also just want to say that one of the managers of the hotel, Seidy, could not have been more gracious and helpful to our group. Two of our group got water in their ears and developed ear infections that were pretty severe. She located a doctor that could help and drove us there after the dr. in town wasn't much help. She was amazing!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank nycsar
northern virginia
Reviewed March 6, 2009

If you like to walk a few minutes to a wonderful swimming and surfing beach and then come back to the pool to relax and unwind, this is for you. Comfortable and clean small apartments that allow you to cook your own or take advantage of several excellent restaurants within walking distance. The owner and her staff go out of their way to help you find your way around the Nosara community and take advantage of activities and entertainment. But if you like to just relax and hang out, no body will bug you.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank razure
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed March 4, 2009

3 of us rented the 2 bedroom apartment at Nosara Beach House and had a wonderful time. The apartment was beautiful, with gorgeous grounds, a wonderful pool, chaises and hammock, and a very short walk to the beach. Plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance. Leah Powers, the owner, happily provided us with assistance with anything we needed. This is not a hotel, but she has 3 apartments to rent out. It was quiet and relaxing. There are safes in every room and a 24 hour security service patrolling but Costar Rica is known for petty theft so everyone needs to be cautious. We all thought we had the nicest place for the cost in the area.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank danawein
ontario
Reviewed February 8, 2009

My family spent a week-- Jan.19.-26,2009--at Nosara Beach House near Playa Guiones.
We had a fantastic family holiday!!
The house was perfect for our family of 16 people. The rooms were nicely decorated with ceramics and wallhangings and cleaned by the friendly maids every day.
Every day the clean tiled pool was inviting or a short walk would take you to the beach which was great for surfing the waves, lazing in the sun or walking along the nice sandy beach.
The grounds were beautifully landscaped with many shrubs, flowers, visits from iguanas or monkeys in the trees.
Since I rented the whole house this was an ideal place for our family to stay while we explored the surrounding area.
I would highly recommend a stay at this Beach House for anyone who wants to explore and enjoy the beauty of this part of Costa Rica.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
NY
Reviewed February 27, 2008

Our friends and I booked at The Nosara Beach House formerly Casita Romantica in Nosara, Costa Rica for a week in the beginning of February. It's pretty low key and mostly frequented by yogi and surfers. I only became aware a few days after we were there that "Management" in this case the chambermaid, would leave at 4 P. M. to go home while the owner was on vacation. On the day before we left, in broad daylight after 4 in the afternoon, our room was burglarized. They came through an upstairs window in broad daylight and stole our cash ( credit cards not accepted at this establishment) cell phones, Ipod, laptop, whatever they could carry.
We called the police who came promptly and promised they would have a police report ready for us in a few days. We were leaving the next day and could not pursue the matter. I emailed the owner, Leah Powers three times to inform her of what happened and to have her facilitate obtaining the police report. She never responded. Finally I called her, told her who I was and....she hung up on me and then left her phone off the hook. Talk about adding insult to injury.
I wanted to let this go because it just feels bad .It ruined the vacation and it will take a long time to get over this. We're trying to replace some of it to make ourselves feel less victimized . In the meantime though, i feel that other unsuspecting guests of TNBH need to know that you are a potential burglary victim here as there is no security and furthermorenobody cares

• Liked — The Hacienda Style
  • Disliked — No bars on the windows which apparently absolutely necessary here even if you are upstairs
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
16 Thank LakeGeorgeBlue