“Very good value for money”
Review of Pen Ta Hug Hotel

Pen Ta Hug Hotel
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Ubon Ratchathani
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. We were welcomed by friendly staff, who spoke very little English, but somehow compensated for it with their overall attitude. For 20 Euros we had a modern, spotless clean double room, equipped with everything we needed and breakfast included in the price. Since it was already late in the evening, we decided to stay in the hotel restaurant for dinner instead of trying to find some other place to celebrate our friend's birthday. The food was delicious, served on the outdoor terace, but what we shall remember most about this hotel is a young waitress, who served us that evening and here lovely smile.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Renata G

Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

The cafe open til 11 pm. So I asked for coffee at 9 pm but they said the only one who could make coffee has gone home. Unfortunately, there is no coffee shop around :(

They provide only shampoo and hand soap, not bath gel. Bed and Pillow not comfy but other things are ok.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Rada C
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Having tried (and reviewed) many hotels in the Ubon area I was looking forward to trying this place given the good reviews.
I would have rated it much higher apart from one thing - the bed. I like firm beds and have slept on some pretty bad mattresses all over SE Asia but the one in room 214 was a doozy! Yes it was hard but also as flat as a pot holed road making sleep basically impossible. If there was a Thai Massage place on site I would have been their first customer the next morning. It has been 24 hours since I left and my back is still sore.
Having said all that there were some good things. The bathroom water pressure was nice and strong and hot. The wide selection of TV channels was welcomed. The place was very quiet.
Breakfast was included but the selection was very small (to be expected for such a small hotel).
The location is a little out of the way.
The internet while not super fast was reliable.
At 800 baht I will not be staying here again. Much better sleep to be had at places like Phadaeng, Nartsiri, T3 and Pan House for a cheaper price.

Room Tip: Do not chose room 214!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank MeMock
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

A very nice new hotel, modern look with a very nice promotion deal. Room are very comfortable with a nice big well equipped bathroom. Breakfast are fabulous, even not locate in downtown area but going everywhere will take about 10-15 mins with a very convenient taxi on demand.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank junya_and_gangs
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We were there for a few times for business trips. The room and bathroom are clean, good size, not too small.The bed is a little bit on a harder side though. The design is modern and minimal, just enough. The restaurant is nice and modern with nice staff, serving all day meals. Breakfast is included, sufficient and good quality for the price you pay. The location is in a small road (soi) quiet enough to get some rest, at the same time, right in the city. However, if you don' t have a car, you might find it a little difficult to get around.
We will surely stay here again next time we travel to Ubon.

I hope that they can keep it new and clean as time goes by.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jitchaya
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This place is really nice. Very clean , stylish rooms. Whole hotel is very nicely designed. Very good resturant there also. Deluxe room include free mini bar. Fast wifi throughout the hotel. 15minute drive from airport and 5min to bus station. On a street with an excellent Thai restaurant also , zaab ...soi 9. I am looking forward to staying here agin in the future.

Room Tip: Zaab soi 9 restaurant just 100 metres up the street is fantastic with excellent Thai food and cold b...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cornish-scrumpy
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed here for only 2 nights in May 2012. I've requested an early check-in since I've arrived there at 9 in the morning and got what I requested for.

Check-in process was swift. However, I got a room which was on the 2nd level and close to the street. I was too noisy. So, I requested another room on another section of the building. Again, my request was met quickly and I was in another room in like 5 minutes. Great service.

Room cleanliness is ok, not that good since the floor was concrete with no rugs.

Bed was comfy. Pillows were too low, for my standard, anyway. 2 bottles of drinking water for free.

4-5 choices to pick for breakfast.

What I liked the most here was staff's service. I brought my laptop to work at the night (Free wifi too) and found out that there was no socket for 3-legged plug. I went down to the front and asked for adapter. They didn't have one but offered me their outlet power bar. I used it for a night and returned it after I bought one next morning. Great staff!!!

I paid 850 a night and it worth every Baht!!!

The location was a bit out of the way. No other transportation except taxi which you had to call to the center, 20 Baht was added to the meter.

It was a nice little hotel, brand new and great staff. I'll choose this hotel again for my next trip.

Room Tip: Request for the room which not close to the street and stair case. Rooms which facing the hotel'...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple