“This cannot be the final option!!!!”

P&M Final Option Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed at this place last weekend. I'm very impressed with it. The location is perfectly set right by the beach. The grounds were nice and clean. I love the color of the buildings. The rooms were very clean and smelled nice. The bed was very comfy. The shower got so hot that it created steam. I'm not complaining about this!!! I'm an American and I love to take a very hot shower. Living here in the Philippines I've gotten used to warm showers. Even though my condo has a water heater in the shower, it does not get hot.

Reading the reviews about the food I thought it would be better. The food was good, but not great. I did order a steak and it was pretty good though. Everything else I ate there was just OK. Service at the restaurant was really good. The wait staff are very attentive.

Overall service at this place is excellent. The staff is very very friendly and can answer just about any question you might have about the general area. They even knew the exact amount the trike would cost. I'll be going back to San Juan no doubt and when I do, I will be staying at P&M Final Option. For me this place is the only option. I'm not saying it's the best place in the area because I have nothing else to compare it to. But I do know this place is pretty damn good and I don't want to risk being disappointed by another resort in San Juan.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Scott D
There are newer reviews for P&M Final Option Beach Resort

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Pros:
Entire grounds are meticulously cleaned.
Staff- absolutely friendly and helpful.
Activities- access to kayaks and surfboards.
Beach- very clean and relatively private. No vendors at all. In February it seemed like we almost had the whole beach to ourselves.
Food- excellent quality and prices. Also, since the owner is German, they have a selection of German cuisine wine and beer.

Cons:
Bed is somewhat stiff and uncomfortable.

Overall:
We really wish we spent more time here... Very relaxing with great sunsets. Food and alcohol are well priced. It is surprising at how well kept this resort is. When we booked online I expected the pictures to show the resort as it was when it was new. The resort actually looked better in person than in the pictures online which is unusual.

Sheila and May at front desk were extremely helpful with assisting us in traveling from olangapo. The bus we originally planned on traveling with stopped services to la union and Sheila and May made sure to keep in touch with us to make sure we had no issues.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 1, 2014

i really enjoyed the place. It is in the middle of nowhere, but the food served in the restaurant is excellent,Portions are the european standard size, a little pricey, but still affordable. the staff is efficient and very polite and friendly. the best is the beach; kilometers of beach on both sides, and nearly nobody on them. 3 gazebos under the coconut trees on the beach, part of the hotel and free.. just like paradise!. Commuting from manila is very easy (and cheap) by excellent "de luxe" busses stopping 300metres away from resort. Better to go between mondays and fridays; Hotel is fully booked most weekends.
Many come ther for surfing.

Room Tip: Standard rooms have just view on the swimming pool, but are significantly cheaper.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Michel P
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Truly, I didn't go wrong staying in this resort. Being a first time solo traveler, I didn't feel so "alone" in this resort because of the laid-back homey atmosphere matched with good food and friendly staff. My 4-day stay wasn't even finished yet but I have told myself that I will surely be back to this resort.

I commend the front desk / reservations staff Mae and Sheila for being so accommodating and patient in replying to my inquiry. They were able to reply immediately prior to my reservation. I must say that you have to book as early as October if you want to stay in December because they are always full packed.

Location was very easy to find especially if you don't have a private vehicle going to the resort. Once can ride a tricycle from the Church / Town Plaza to bring you to the resort. Fare is usually Php 50. There's also security 24/7 on duty.

I stayed in the small nipa hut room with a private toilet under. It gave me a relaxing feeling in my entire duration of stay. Even if its just a fan room, the place was already breezy and there were no mosquitoes at all. Can also leave valuables in the nipa hut room because the windows has locks. But it is still recommended to leave valuables at the front desk.

One think I love in this resort is the FOOD. They offer a wide variety of choices from German to Filipino dishes. I enjoyed their baby back ribs and the chicken cordon bleu. Foods vary from single to big serving sizes. Its good that it is reasonably priced. Not too expensive. A meal would range around Php180-250 up. They also have breakfast menu. I love their tapsilog.

Extra mile service: The staff can also bring your food wherever you are. If you prefer to eat in your room or go out in the beachfront cottages. Staff are always service with a smile. I was surprised when the staff approached me to offer lunch menu while I was staying at the beachfront cottage. It was good because I was so lazy to go to the restaurant at that time and yet the staff brought everything in my cottage.

Activities: You can schedule surf lessons at the front desk Php 400/hour inclusive of surf board rental and instructor.

Upon checking-out, they can arrange a tric pickup to bring you to the San Fernando Partas Bus Terminal. This would cost around Php150.

I will surely go back to this resort soon. It's surely not just the BEST but it's the FINAL option to stay when in La Union.

Room Tip: Make sure to book early because this place is always full packed especially holidays. Foreigners lov...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Foxykix
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed two nights on our way from Pagudpud to Subic. Great location, great food & service, clean rooms. Staff are very friendly & attentive. Will definitely be back but we won't be passing through, this will be our destination. Thanks to Peter & his staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FruitoPhilippines
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Upon checking out, I inquired how long this resort has been around. I was surprised to find out that the place has been around for about 5 years. Everything seems so fresh, and new. The hotel staff is always enthusiastic that you'd think it's a new hotel trying to make an impression.
The hotel facilities are ok, given the reasonable rates. However, the kind of service and hospitality we got is nothing short of "five-star"

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank JP N
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed at the resort for a night and it was really good. The resort itself has a good ambiance and well maintained (facilities and rooms). Although it's far from the well known surfing spot in La Union, it is still the best choice for travelers and surfers. In addition, the staff are very accommodating and the food is great.

Stayed in Standard Room (good for 6 persons - P3000/room/night)

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
#6 of 7 in San Juan
The Circle Hostel La Union
The Circle Hostel La Union
#3 of 12 in San Juan

Been to P&M Final Option Beach Resort? Share your experiences!