“two thumbs up :)”

and 1 more site!
Kahuna Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I went here first week of june with my family, two thumbs up for this resort :) just go here and relax :)

front desk - accommodating
staff - accommodating
pool - clean, exclusively for kahuna customers :) you can see the beach :)
rooms - clean, good ac :) good t.v :) better c.r :)
bar - cold beers, cool band :)
food - I choosed American breakfasts, tapa
wifi - good signal

all is good, all is better :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I went 1st week of July 2013 for a business stay.
Ambiance and serenity is Very good.

What i liked
1. Big Room
2. Big TV
3. Big and Clean CR with towel and toiletries
4. Big / clean Bed
5. Front Desk and Staff were accommodating
6. Lobby and Room has internet
7. Right in front of beach. Although no waves at that time, good to recommend if it's surfing season
8. Food is priced high but worth the look of the hotel, it's like expected
9. Has spa
10. Best Part i was able to get a good deal at 3,500 per night but can already accommodate 3 pax in room. ( i was alone that time though)

Others
- For those with driver there is a driver's lounge outside
- Room comes with free breakast with multiple options
- there's TV in the dining area
- There could be hot surfers during the weekend
-As per staff celeb personalities do drop by once in a while

What i didn't like
1. During rainy season there are few areas with water dripping in the room. but im pretty sure they'll fix this soon
2. I had a spa in my room but the girl didn't really know how to do a quality massage. she was just graduated on a short course for massage 2 weeks so if you want to have a massage, best to ask for someone with a little more experience.

That's it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Of all the beaches in Luzon we went to, this is the most welcoming and best accomodation we had. We rented the suite and it was really nice. You have two beds a big bathroom and private access to the pool and a view of the beach. Room service was excellent and a big plus is you don't have to pay 22% service charge like Puerto del Sol in Bolinao. Food was excellent as well. The only thing I didn't like is that people can smoke anywhere in the resort to include restaurant and swimming pool so if you have an infant like I do, its very irritating.

Room Tip: Stay in suite 1 with ocean view, its worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jeppoy
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Was here in april 2012
Cons:
Smelly T&B's.

Pros:
Having 2 sidepool family units t'was very comfy specially for my grandma in an armchair. Small pool but nice.
Towels can be asked wherever and whenever needed in the vicinity.
Since my grandma had to eat particular food. Not even once the staff complained of my mum's personal cooking in the unit.
We also could take our breakfast plates to our units with staff permit of course.
Very near and not rocky beach as the Thunderbird's.
Comfy beds.

Definitely coming back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Love the place...
Good service... Fast... All personnel are with a smile...
Free welcome drinks...
Clean rooms... Like a 4 star hotel.
Near the beach...
food is okay, kinda expensive though...
Will be back soon to surf again... very nice for beginners like me..

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I can only comment on this resort's restaurant, where I've dined twice already. Cost is not surprisingly steep, given it is one if not the high-end spot on this strip of beach. Main meal costs on average Php400 without drinks. I ordered one of the pasta dishes, while my friends ordered spare ribs and calamari. The server assigned to our table was a smiley little thing who was hustling from one table to another - it was a particularly busy dinner time.

It took a few minutes for our orders to be noted and a few minutes later for us to be served ice cold water. I noticed how humid the place was, with other patrons similarly fanning themselves. Mainly due to the summer heat, but I think the open kitchen layout causes heat to radiate out to the dining area too. It took a good 30-40 minutes for our food to arrive - we counted even as the show band entertained us with familiar pop songs. The portions were seriously big though, as in good for two or three to share, depending on one's appetite.

I would say the cost is worth the portion and quality. It's a place worthy of another visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Its a 7 hr trip from manila to San Juan and one could ask oneself " is it worth it to travel this far just to go to another beach, another resort with a pool"? The resort itself alone is not. But the resort and the surfing is. I am here now with family and friends and I'm glad we came. Kahuna as a place to stay is not five star but it is good enough. (And besides it doesnt cost five star. )It's cosy and not too crowded. The amenities are simple but the place is very clean. Food is inconsistent but ranged from "really good" to "could be better". (For example,The cheese lovers pizza was the BEST cheese pizza I've ever had but the buffalo wings were too spicy. )Breakfast was pretty good though. Drinks and cocktails were great! My husband loved the massages but I got bored with it--but then again I'm not really a massage person so it has to be really really good for it to be worth the time for me. But for my husband the massages he got were worth more than what he paid for them bec the rates are relatively cheap(and he's really PAID for good massages before).And now, let me talk about the surfing. That is the BESTpart of this place. (The best part of the trip as a whole is the company I'm with--my family and close friends I've known more than half my life and their families but that's another story). As for the surfing, I never thought I would get to attempt it, much less do it, but I DID IT! And that is why I would highly recommend this place. Its so relaxing to just lie back and enjoy sun, sea and surf here. I'm picky about the places I go to so before i came here I lowered my expectations so that I could just enjoy myself and not have to deal with the disappointment of unmet expectations. I'm happy to say that this place has far exceeded my expectations and I would come back again if I could.

• Stayed: May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Juan
Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - Poro Point
Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - ...
#2 of 5 in San Fernando La Union
#1 of 1 in Bauang
Flotsam and Jetsam Hostel
Flotsam and Jetsam Hostel
#1 of 12 in San Juan

Been to Kahuna Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!