The whole hotel is quite new and all looks a bit concretey. In a few years when vegetation has grown and the newness been worn off it should be wonderful. Villa was wonderful, housekeeping was excellent incl. Dominic our personal butler. The private pool was amazing.
The frequent electricity power cuts were annoying as the back-up generator took several minutes to come on. Fortunately the power cut during the England v. Ireland 6 Nations match was at half time and the TV had rebooted itself when the 2nd half started.
The sundowner cruise in a dhow was simply idyllic.
The gym and spa was wonderful - largely open air.
Food was very good with the frequent buffets an amazing spread. Wine seemed to be quite expensive for what was offered with bottled water at table far too expensive considering there was unlimited bottled water in the villa.
The bikes supplied for riding around the resort were Chinese and already falling to bits so be careful.
The main pool was huge and little used.
All staff were v friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Zanzibar lies within a lush, forested 32-hectare estate where five-star luxuries sit harmoniously alongside nature's untouched beauty. Feel your spirits soar amid extensive tropical gardens that meet with powder-soft white sand lapped by the crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean. Inspired by the island's eclectic cultures, our luxury Zanzibar resort blends modern comforts with Swahili, Omani, British and Indian influences. Indulge in the privacy of the spacious villas, attended on if you wish by your own personal butler. Enjoy carefree days relaxing by your private pool, on the beach, or exploring the gardens on foot or by bicycle. Savour a taste of the Spice Island's unique blend of cultures and cuisines, and the pleasure of sensational spa treatments. Discover more of the island and the waters that surround it in a myriad of activities, from visiting historic sites and rare natural wonders to deep sea fishing and diving with dolphins. Whether you dream of a quiet couple's retreat or fun in the sun for the whole family, embrace all the delights of our island life at The Residence Zanzibar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Residence Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Zanzibar Hotel Kizimkazi
- The Residence Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kizimkazi