Hotel is beautiful, pool is outstanding, service was excellent. We found the staff made huge efforts to make everything perfect. Food was especially good. Beaches all along E. Africa have significant water recede at low tides making the use of the beaches during low tide undesirable. If you are choosing this hotel solely for the beach, look somewhere else besides E. Africa. The gentlemen at the water sports desk on the beach were especially helpful and kind. Our family enjoyed the snorkeling outing. Our family also rented a boat for half a day, and it was our favorite activity- the staff took us to a nearby, small island where we swam and snorkeled, and they sent us with a picnic basket full of snacks at our request. Linda at the Pavillion restaurant impressed us with how kind and helpful she was to children. In fact we witnessed all of the hotel staff being very accommodating and kind to their smallest guests. However, this is not a hotel overrun with messy, noisy, little kids. We noticed that families with young children tended to take meals in their villas where the kids can eat and swim and be silly in a more private setting. We are a family with 2 teenage boys and we found plenty of activities to keep us busy and happy. Childfree couples are also quite comfortable at this resort as well. One final special note- we had to depart the hotel at 4:30 AM (ouch!) and the concierge both wished us good night at 11 PM and was up again at 4:30 AM to see us off. Wow. Felt spoiled and well looked after. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Zanzibar lies within a lush, forested 32-hectare estate where five-star luxuries sit harmoniously alongside nature's untouched beauty. Feel your spirits soar amid extensive tropical gardens that meet with powder-soft white sand lapped by the crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean. Inspired by the island's eclectic cultures, our luxury Zanzibar resort blends modern comforts with Swahili, Omani, British and Indian influences. Indulge in the privacy of the spacious villas, attended on if you wish by your own personal butler. Enjoy carefree days relaxing by your private pool, on the beach, or exploring the gardens on foot or by bicycle. Savour a taste of the Spice Island's unique blend of cultures and cuisines, and the pleasure of sensational spa treatments. Discover more of the island and the waters that surround it in a myriad of activities, from visiting historic sites and rare natural wonders to deep sea fishing and diving with dolphins. Whether you dream of a quiet couple's retreat or fun in the sun for the whole family, embrace all the delights of our island life at The Residence Zanzibar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Residence Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Zanzibar Hotel Kizimkazi
- The Residence Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kizimkazi