Spent one night at the residence with a group of friends. We had been all over Zanzibar and decided we were ready for a secluded resort where every need was taken care of. Our rooms were amazing. Everything was well prepared for our arrival by 11 am. Private pool at your villa allows you to choose between joining others at the main pool or having a romantic hideaway swim. The villa comes with 24 hour butler service. Great for replenishing ice, renting a DVD when the rain came for an hour or so, and a beautiful breakfast in bed.
The food was very well done. Many options to chose from. The seafood BBQ was wonderful. The staff were exceptional. They took care of our every need.
For those looking to save some money on their trip to the residence, I would suggest bringing your own drinks for those cocktails by your pool. A local beer was 6 usd. A bottle of water was 5 used.
Things to remember: This is still Zanzibar. There will be power outages, which only last a few seconds as their generators kick in. The beach is secluded so you won't find any wild beach parties here. Get a taxi from the airport. They are safe, they should know how to get there, and it will cost you far less then the price the hotel charges.
I would highly recommend the residence and look forward to booking at their other hotels outside of Zanzibar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Zanzibar lies within a lush, forested 32-hectare estate where five-star luxuries sit harmoniously alongside nature's untouched beauty. Feel your spirits soar amid extensive tropical gardens that meet with powder-soft white sand lapped by the crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean. Inspired by the island's eclectic cultures, our luxury Zanzibar resort blends modern comforts with Swahili, Omani, British and Indian influences. Indulge in the privacy of the spacious villas, attended on if you wish by your own personal butler. Enjoy carefree days relaxing by your private pool, on the beach, or exploring the gardens on foot or by bicycle. Savour a taste of the Spice Island's unique blend of cultures and cuisines, and the pleasure of sensational spa treatments. Discover more of the island and the waters that surround it in a myriad of activities, from visiting historic sites and rare natural wonders to deep sea fishing and diving with dolphins. Whether you dream of a quiet couple's retreat or fun in the sun for the whole family, embrace all the delights of our island life at The Residence Zanzibar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your The Residence Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Zanzibar Hotel Kizimkazi
- The Residence Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kizimkazi