We stayed at The Residence after spending the first part of our honeymoon on safari in Kenya. We flew from Nairobi, but unfortunately our luggage didn't. The staff at The Residence could not have done more for us. We were given an 'emergency' kit on arrival which contained new polo shirts, toothbrushes, razor etc, which was complimentary and gratefully appreciated after travelling for 14 hours! The hotel staff immediately took over tracking the lost luggage, which arrived the following afternoon allowing us to go to bed to sleep.
We were upgraded to a beach fronted villa courteous of Kami (I hope I spelt your name correctly!) which was next to the presidential villa and Kami said that as it was empty, we could make use of the pool, garden and of course the private beach, which I loved!
The food was of fantastic quality and there was always plenty of it. Linda the restaurant manager ran the restaurant so well. She was friendly and nothing was too much trouble for her or the waiting staff. We had a private romantic dinner prepared for us on our veranda one evening, which was just stunning. The lengths the staff, especially Haji our waiter went to was above anything we had experienced before. The service that we received from each member of staff at The Residence was fantastic.
In short we travel a lot and stay at many hotels, but The Residence is quite simply the best hotel we have ever stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Zanzibar lies within a lush, forested 32-hectare estate where five-star luxuries sit harmoniously alongside nature's untouched beauty. Feel your spirits soar amid extensive tropical gardens that meet with powder-soft white sand lapped by the crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean. Inspired by the island's eclectic cultures, our luxury Zanzibar resort blends modern comforts with Swahili, Omani, British and Indian influences. Indulge in the privacy of the spacious villas, attended on if you wish by your own personal butler. Enjoy carefree days relaxing by your private pool, on the beach, or exploring the gardens on foot or by bicycle. Savour a taste of the Spice Island's unique blend of cultures and cuisines, and the pleasure of sensational spa treatments. Discover more of the island and the waters that surround it in a myriad of activities, from visiting historic sites and rare natural wonders to deep sea fishing and diving with dolphins. Whether you dream of a quiet couple's retreat or fun in the sun for the whole family, embrace all the delights of our island life at The Residence Zanzibar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Jovago.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Residence Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Zanzibar Hotel Kizimkazi
- The Residence Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kizimkazi