We took a slight risk and booked the residence for our honeymoon before it was even open!
It was the best decision we made all honeymoon!
It is simply paradise.
Pure tranquility and luxury...
We stayed in a beach front villa and it was incredible. THe private pool is an actual pool rather than a plunge pool. Free wifi. Beds are ultra comfortable. Bathroom is stunning.
The service is second to none. Anything you ask for is done immediately and with a smile.
You get around on foot, bike or by golf buggy if you have eaten too much!
The best aspect has to be the food. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are to die for! It rivals any michelin star restaurant in the world!
We had a honeymoon dinner on our vernada one evening... they ask you what you each want for your perfect meal, and you have your own waiter, topping up the champagne all night!
THe spa is magnificent. The pool and beach are well staffed.
We literally could not fault it! If i was being ultra ultra picky, it could do with a bar with evening entertainment for after dinner.
It is one of the best hotels I have stayed in in the world!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Zanzibar lies within a lush, forested 32-hectare estate where five-star luxuries sit harmoniously alongside nature's untouched beauty. Feel your spirits soar amid extensive tropical gardens that meet with powder-soft white sand lapped by the crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean. Inspired by the island's eclectic cultures, our luxury Zanzibar resort blends modern comforts with Swahili, Omani, British and Indian influences. Indulge in the privacy of the spacious villas, attended on if you wish by your own personal butler. Enjoy carefree days relaxing by your private pool, on the beach, or exploring the gardens on foot or by bicycle. Savour a taste of the Spice Island's unique blend of cultures and cuisines, and the pleasure of sensational spa treatments. Discover more of the island and the waters that surround it in a myriad of activities, from visiting historic sites and rare natural wonders to deep sea fishing and diving with dolphins. Whether you dream of a quiet couple's retreat or fun in the sun for the whole family, embrace all the delights of our island life at The Residence Zanzibar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Residence Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Zanzibar Hotel Kizimkazi
- The Residence Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kizimkazi