My boyfriend and I decided to stay at the Promised Land Lodge for a few nights because we needed some quiet and relaxing moments after some stressful weeks and before starting a couple of weeks of adventure. :) The place is even more beautiful and peaceful than on the photos. The sea, the white sand, the hand made chairs and sun umbrellas, everything makes you want to stay.
The restaurant has no choice of food, it will serve the dish of the day. However the food is really nice and it is a good way to try out something new. The rooms are not the most luxurious ones you will find on the island, but we didn't mind considering the extraordinary location. The bathroom has salt water, it's a bit unusual, but you get used to it really quickly. Other reviews say that there is no hot water, but we had hot water, especially during the afternoon and evening. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The staff had organised for us to go swim with the dolphins. They knew which time was the best to avoid other tourist, which was perfect for us. It was such a magical experience. I wish we could have stayed longer at Promised Land. It is such a relaxed and peaceful place.
Even if this place was wonderful, here are some tips to make your stay even better:
1. There is nothing around it, so don't expect to be able to buy something in case you forgot to bring it.
2. Bring plenty of bottled water. We found their bottled water a bit suspicious and brushing your teeth with salt water is not for everybody.
3. Bring snacks. Their restaurant offers 3 meals a day, but you can't get anything in between.
4. Bring enough cash. The place is absolutely safe to keep a bit of cash in the bedroom, and it is not possible to pay by card anyway.
5. If you are travelling on a budget, I would recommend to bring some extra food so that you don't have to eat every meal at the restaurant, as it can get a bit expensive. If I remember correctly, we payed around 50000tsh per person for dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Why not sleep and wake up with the dolphins! Promised Land Lodge located in the south coast of Zanzibar in the dolphin village called Kizimkazi. 50 km from Stone Town and 20km to the east coast. Promised Land Lodge is designed with traditional Zanzibari features to create a unique cool and relaxing environment with tropical garden with direct access to the beach and warm water of the Indian Ocean. It is a place where you feel at home as seen in our reviews. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Promised Land Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Promised Land Lodge Zanzibar Island/Kizimkazi