“WOW !”

Safari Adventures Lion Encounter
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Amazing once in a life time experience, that is needed to be done.
Animals all look so happy and must be because 5 new cubs have been born, George, Matala, Kulala, Zimbo and Mampara.. So cute !!!

This attraction came highly recommended and now i know why ! Amazing.

3  Thank Party_Rocker_13
There are newer reviews for Safari Adventures Lion Encounter

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Walking with the Lions was incredible experience. If I go back to Mauritius I would surely do it again.
Our group was 8 people and 2 Lions and lasted about 45 minutes. Once the group was assembled we went through a gate into an open area where the Lions were. It was really a thrill being that close to the animals, and being able to touch them and walk with them. The guide was very knowledgeable and made the experience that much more interesting.

You have to go through Casela Nature and Leisure Park to get to the departure point the Lion walk. We prepaid and had vouchers still had to wait 45 minutes to just to get into the park. There were not more that 15 people in front of us, but it took forever the people behind the counter to take the vouchers and let people in. The guides in line with us told us this is normal. It is another 15 or so minutes to get to the departure point. We ended up getting to departure point late but were able to do a later walk. The voucher said get there 30 minutes ahead of time, but I would recommend 1 ½ hours. You can wander through the park so there are things to see if you get it quickly.

All in all, well worth it just get there early.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Nothing great but can give it a try. They will take you through the forest with the guides in the mountain. You can see zebra , deers and many more animals in close vicinity.

2  Thank mejoyce
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We thought the encounters would be better value for money than the walks, and we werent disappointed. We have some amazing big cat photos that we shall always treasure. Well worth it.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Absolutely loved this activity, it's expensive we paid about £115 each for transport (private car and driver approx 40min each way) and entry,personally I thought it was worth it but I went in with realistic expectations. It does what it says on the tin a group of no more than 10 people are guided around on a walk with 5/6 handlers and two lions. We got to go with two teenage females one of which was a white lion one of only 600 in the world. You are constantly behind the lions and there is always a handler between you and the lion, it is for obvious safety reasons, the lions may be well trained but you can see to a large extent they will still do pretty much as they please (they still have natural instincts). It was pleasing to see the animals are not forced into performing they are rewarded for sitting to pose for photos with food and if they decided they were not interested and wanted to go off and play they were allowed, there also did not seem to be any fear of the handlers as in some other animal attractions I have been to where they cower from handlers as if some sort of force has been used upon them. Children are not allowed into this activity for obvious reasons and anyone who is nervous is not forced to interact with the lions. A photographer and videographer joined us on our walk it was £20. For a DVD and all photos taken.
In all I enjoyed the experience and would recommend, the only thing I would say as with most things on holiday is try to book it yourself and get a local cab driver, you could probably save a few quid.
I also didn't realise the experience was in a large complex with other animals and activities to take part in including quads and canyoning which I would have loved to have done, I would say you could have an entire day out here no problem though if you are taking a family I would check for restrictions and pricing as it could get expensive!

4  Thank forgetmenotxoxo