“Scorching Green Chile - Best Mexican Hamburger in Denver”
Review of Brewery Bar III

Brewery Bar III
Ranked #27 of 107 Restaurants in Lone Tree
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We moved away from the Denver area about four years ago, regrettably, but we are frequent visitors to friends and family. When in town, we try to make it to one of the family-owned Brewery Bars for some of the best Colorado-style green and red chile and that Colorado favorite, the Mexican Hamburger. I've been told that the dish originated at Joe's Buffet on Santa Fe Drive, which was very good the last time I visited about 20 years ago, but I've yet to find a better Mexican Hamburger than at the Brewery Bars (the new one, in Lone Tree, or the older one, on Kalamath. There's a BB IV in Parker, but I haven't yet had visited that one).

Our latest visit once again confirmed the basis for the loyal following these bars have. The place was very crowded on a Friday, as usual, so we sat at the bar. The usually good service was on the slow and inattentive side on this visit, though, due, I'm sure, to how busy the place was.

But the green chile was really favorful and scorching, as expected. Well worth the trip!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Food is not that good go to los dos potrillos for a lot better grub

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I have never had a bad meal here until this visit. The cheese inside the rellenos was not melted, tasted like thick cold cheese. Ugh! We visit Denver 4-6 times a year after having lived there for many years and the BBII was always a favorite but the manager needs to get a grip on the food at BBIII. Also, the service was slow, surly and poor. When I mentioned the un-melted cheese the waitress neither apologized nor offered any compensation. My husband's relleno was just as bad. This has always been a must visit place in Denver. Not so sure anymore. BTW, it was 3:30 PM and there were only a couple of other patrons in the restaurant and my husband still had to go to the bar for his 2nd margarita.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is a sports bar with great Mexican food. This is not a place to go if you are looking for a quiet dinner. The food is very good though so I overlook the televisions lining the walls. The green chili has pork in it and my vegetarian friends have to order enchilada sauce instead but they tell me that is very tasty also. The green chili comes in hot, mild or half and half. I love the hot. It is consistently right on the verge of too hot but never over the line always just right. Makes me sweat but doesn’t take all of my sense of taste away. The shredded beef enchilada is my favorite and the chili rellianos are also very good. The frozen Margaritas are strong so think twice before ordering the large one. The chips and salsa are kind of the puzzle for me as the salsa is super good and appears to be made fresh but the chips are no doubt from a bag.

Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

We were a party of 8: 4 adults, 4 kids (all 5 and under). We were sat right away on a Saturday night and all the kids were very well behaved (an oddity for all 4 kids to be good) it was all down hill from there. The food was awful...burnt! Service was terrible, had to ask more than 3 times for everything (refills included). We split the check (4 and 4) and when we finally got the checks they already added a 20% gratitude. I know most restaurants add tip in for big parties, but there is NO WAY I would have tipped that much for what we experienced there!!

Been to Brewery Bar III? Share your experiences!