“Not outstanding, but ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Thai Orchids - CLOSED

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Denver, CO
“Not outstanding, but ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Tried a variety of the items on their menu and were moderately impressed. Not a lot of asian in the area, so if that is what you're looking for and a C+ is adequate, stop by.

Visited December 2012

colorado
“50/50”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

this place is hit and miss. when they are good, it's good. when BAD it's bad and they have no remorse! They last time we ate there was definitely our last! we had a couple misses and they were barely sorry-plastic in rice, hair in my food. The final time I had a large greasy orange sludge along the bottom of my glass of diet coke. So I had drank the whole glass before I discovered it --GROSS! Did anyone care-no, our waitress, said" oh, it must not have gotten through the dishwasher well." I mean it was REAL noticeable. No manager to apologize. we never went back. It was orange thick grease, like someone poured grease in the cup=(

• Visited March 2013
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Delightful servers and fresh food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

True- this isn't a traditional Thai restaurant. However, this is very tasty, very fresh, and delightful Asain cuisine! We started with steamed dumplings and Thai spring rolls. Both were wonderful with zesty sauce that I could have eaten with a spoon. Hot and fresh entrees capped the meal. The owner came by and was so sweet and gracious. Our server was also adorable. If you are looking for hot, fresh Asain food at a great value in an upscale atmosphere- check it out!!!

• Visited August 2013
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We visit the restaurant and was very good experience the kids loved it the fried rice and noodles were delicious and the Thai noodles were awesome, very decent price and good amount of food

• Visited July 2013
North Dakota
“Looks Nice on the Surface”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Always eager to try a neighborhood Asian restaurant, and seeing that this one was reasonably busy at lunch on a Saturday, I sauntered in. The restaurant is modest, clean, and comfortable. Woman's restroom was closed and had to wash my hands next to a man's urinal (personally, this is something I seem to have a block against for some reason). The waitress was definitely Asian and English was her second language; she was brusque and not at all friendly. I asked for "regular iced tea" so that I wouldn't get Thai iced tea or any flavored tea; she brought something that was greenish brown in color--I ventured a sip-- and to my taste was awful. I asked the waitress "is this regular iced tea?" and she insisted it was. When I told her I thought it tasted off, and that I didn't like it, I explained I only wanted plain tea. She continued to tell me this was what I ordered and only after a little back and forth did she tell me it's "tropical iced tea" - she seemed to think this is the same as regular, and reluctantly took it back. I stuck with water which turned out to be the best part of the meal. I ordered green curry with tofu. The first item that I was served was a little bowl of salad consisting of pale iceberg lettuce laden with what resembled bottled Catalina dressing; it was not exactly Catalina because there was a hint of sesame oil, but still it was unappetizing-- clearly thrown together with little thought or care. The entree came with a child's portion of rice, a few vegetables, lots of so-so sauce, and of course tofu. The presentation was not attractive and the food itself overpriced and underwhelming. The total experience, particularly the rudeness of the waitress combined with the mediocrity of what could be a wonderful Asian meal, left me disappointed -- I will never be back.

• Visited June 2013