We stayed at Sweet Memory 2 Apartments, on arrival we were greeted warmly by Kostas, who took our bags and offered us a drink on the house (even though it was close to midnight), Kostas even made us delicious Spaghetti Bolognese at 1am., it was a balmy evening with the beautiful scent of flowers in the air. The cold Greek beer was amazing. This small friendly complex suited us well, we used the pool daily, Kostas made amazing cocktails (I recommend Tequila Sunrise & Sex on the Beach) also loved the Mythos beer. Kostas is an amazing Host, he makes you feel very welcome and nothing is too much trouble, we loved every single meal we ate there, on the days we went out, we waited to eat until we got back to SM2. One tiny complaint I had was that the traffic bothered me in our room at night, I vaguely mentioned this to Kostas and barely a day later Yannis(Operations Manager) came over to us by the pool and asked if we wished to move rooms to the back (poolside), we jumped at the chance, amazed by Staff wanting to make our stay so comfortable. The rooms were basic but very clean, use of a kettle and crockery. Kostas was brilliant with advice, very honest caring man, I was also impressed with Yannis's business acumen, he clearly put guests comfort and enjoyment before excessive profit, the food and drinks was very reasonably priced, returning guests get a special rate and on meeting us he thanked us for choosing to stay at SM, I told him that their good reputation went before them, trip advisor is packed with glowing reviews. Beware-Car Hire, make sure you have a proper contract, not a scribbled hand written note, we found Mikes car hire on beach front honest, trustworthy, reliable, competitive prices, flexible pick up and drop off,, 6 days for the price of 5 offer. Reliable car in good cond. The food was absolutely amazing, did I say that already oops! We will definitely be returning to SM2 next year. I cried when I left I felt so sad at having to go home, both myself and husband felt like we were leaving a dear friend behind when we said goodbye to Kostas. Thank you also to Akiss (breakfast cook) who had a welcoming smile and to the lady who cleaned our room and changed our sheets and towels. Spinalonga Island is well worth a visit and also Samaria National park and gorge but only if you are experienced walkers (ask Kostas advice on this). Agio Nickalaos port is a beautiful place and also where you get the boat to Spinalonga. A big thank you to all those who made our stay full of Sweet Memories! Sue and Tony.
We were amazed at how pristine the pool looked (we soon realised as the week progressed why! Kostas frequently scrubbed water line tiles, fished out leaves, emptied pool filters)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweet Memory Apartments, a best choice for families and young couples, is a 4 star+ self-catering apartment complex located in Gouves, a family-oriented resort, east of Heraklion. Literally a few meters from the beach, our apartments are spacious and modern in a serene location yet not far from restaurants, taverns, bars and a vibrant nightlife nearby. The apartments were built in 1990 as a family business with a friendly staff at your service at all hours to ensure a memorable stay for you and your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Bookgreece.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sweet Memory Gourmet Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sweet Memory Apartments Hotel Gouves
- Sweet Memory Gourmet Apartments Kato Gouves, Crete