OK, so this is our 2nd return to SMA, and we were welcomed with open arms by the flamboyant Yannis as ever.
Not only to do you have the choice of SMA by the sea, you also have the option to stay at the SMA2 by the pool! Both as excellent as each other.
We went in April, which reflects on our review with regards to the weather being 20/25 degrees, but did not stop us from jumping in the pool bbrrrrr!............
The SMA by the sea is calm and quiet. Every single person here treats you like family and their welcoming is second nature. The apartments here are very spacious and have all the amenities you need for self-catering. The room we had, had the morning sun which I loved to just sit in the morning balcony, drink my tea and enjoy the peacefulness. The food here is cooked from FRESH! by the amazing Mamma, who clearly puts her heart and soul into every dish she cooks. The food is delicious! Yannis cooks THE best mushroom risotto ever. All served and welcomed by the lovely Eva. Even when you have finished, you are asked if you wish for more! Really excellent attention to detail. The white wine is also delish!
The SMA2 by the pool, again is calm and quiet. Plenty of sun loungers and a lovely area to soak up in the Spring sunshine. Again the staff here look after you like your family. Nothing is too much trouble. Emmanuelle makes a mean club sandwich. AND you benefit from a discount if you order the bar/food if you occupy the other apartments rooms!!! Only a 5 minute walk from SMA or a 2 minute drive, either way they offer a free service to take to between the two!!!
We hired a car which was really useful as we got out and about to enjoy the glorious scenery. Only 10 minutes from the bustling town of Iraklion which we loved, 30 minutes from Ag Nick & Elounda and the driving here was great. Not many cars/vans etc. on the roads and everyone moves over if you want to overtake, not like the UK! You do have a very short walk to the local shops which in our case were just opening up as we were here just at the start of the season. Learn a few hello's and thank you's and they love it! We got most of our gifts and bits here locally.
We will come back again, no doubt about it. If you are looking for friendly people, spacious clean rooms, freshly cooked food all at an amazing quality for money then you have to come here.
Honestly you will not be disappointed with this gem of a place and if you are.......well you need your head looked!
Our biggest and bestest wishes to Yannis and his family for continued success in everything they all do!
See you next year peeps!
Love from, The Dirty Animals
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweet Memory Apartments, a best choice for families and young couples, is a 4 star+ self-catering apartment complex located in Gouves, a family-oriented resort, east of Heraklion. Literally a few meters from the beach, our apartments are spacious and modern in a serene location yet not far from restaurants, taverns, bars and a vibrant nightlife nearby. The apartments were built in 1990 as a family business with a friendly staff at your service at all hours to ensure a memorable stay for you and your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sweet Memory Gourmet Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sweet Memory Apartments Hotel Gouves
- Sweet Memory Gourmet Apartments Kato Gouves, Crete