We stayed here for 2 weeks at the end of June/start July. After the initial mix up with the booking company over the room we booked (2 bed apartment) I contacted Yannis via email prior to our visit. After a few email exchanges, Yanni assured us all would be sorted for our arrival.
Yanni did his best to accommodate our original request by giving us a change of rooms 4 days into our holiday. Having said that, the rooms where clean and functional, however once we were into our new room (room 32) top floor, it was airier and didn't feel as claustrophobic as that of the basement room (room12).
Yanni runs the overall business, and will happily try to meet your needs/requests without any fuss. His mum, "mama" does all the cooking - she will also do her best to accommodate for younger children who may not like whats on the menu.
Elaine the cleaner visited our apartment every day, - this lady works extremely hard! Our beds where changed 3 times during our fortnight and towels changed every 3 days - no complaints on the cleanliness of the rooms or surrounding areas of the apartments.
There is a pool you can use free of charge a short walk from Sweet Memory in a hotel/apartments called Blue Sky attached to a fab restaurant called Xilino (look out for the very cute dog called Charlie)
There are a few lovely tavernas within walking distance and a beach directly across from Sweet Memory. This beach isn't sandy, with a few stones, however the waves are fantastic, which kept my 9 yr old entertained all day! A few minutes walk to the left or the right of the apartments will lead you to a more sandy beach, these tended to be busier (we were normally on our beach by ourselves most days - bliss!!)
I'd happily stay here again, as the overall accommodate verses what you pay is great value for money,however I would book directly with Yanni and not go through a booking operator next time.
We will most certainly return, even if its just to sample the one of the many cakes mama baked for my son - delish!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweet Memory Apartments, a best choice for families and young couples, is a 4 star+ self-catering apartment complex located in Gouves, a family-oriented resort, east of Heraklion. Literally a few meters from the beach, our apartments are spacious and modern in a serene location yet not far from restaurants, taverns, bars and a vibrant nightlife nearby. The apartments were built in 1990 as a family business with a friendly staff at your service at all hours to ensure a memorable stay for you and your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sweet Memory Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sweet Memory Apartments Hotel Gouves
- Sweet Memory Apartments Kato Gouves, Crete