Sweet Memory Apartments
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Lavris Hotels & Spa(Kato Gouves)
$73
$256
$249
St. Constantin Hotel(Kato Gouves)
$90
  • Pool
Hara Ilios Hotel(Kato Gouves)(Great Value!)
$74
$58
  • Breakfast included
The Island Hotel(Kato Gouves)
$136
Hotwire.com
$125
$98
$81
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Villa Marie Kelly(Kato Gouves)
Travelocity
Cosmi Apartments(Kato Gouves)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsself cateringthese apartmentsair conshort walkacross the roadhalf boardfamily runsea frontsense of humourreturning next yearlovely familyfantastic weekanfield barevery eveninggreek saladcleaned regularlyoverlooking the sea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Just come back from 12 day holiday at sweet memory with my family, and I loved every moment staying there!
Our apartments were simple yet very spacious and there was everything we needed there.
It's located right by the beach which is beautiful especially during meal times where you can look over to the sunset or the waves when your enjoying a meal!
The food was delicious, especially the BBQ Which I really enjoyed!!
However the best part was definately the fact that the people there were all so welcoming and genuinely lovely people-  Yannis, koula, Michael and Eirini, they were always very talkative, helpful and will go out of their way to make our time there one we will remember (e.g two of the other familys whilst we were there had their birthdays and they were bought big cakes and everyone sang happy birthday, and the atmosphere was so lovely!)
One of my favourite holidays, and was lovely and relaxing! (: I would definately recommend going there!
 So book now it now! ;D

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Iloveeholidays
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Me and my partner stayed at these apartments in the first two weeks of july we both had a fabulous time.the apartment was large and clean the food was excellent and yanni and his parents make you feel like part of the family,had a fantastic time with yanni who after just two week in his company I regard him as a friend.
We met some wonderful people at the apartments especially des and pauline thanks to them for making our holiday so memorable,we will be back.
THANKS YANNI

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank deanjo15
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Nice people, you felt vey safe in there hands. I was a little disappointed, I was asked to move rooms mid week and did not really get much thanks for it. I asked them to make sure my luggage was safe and when I returned to the room the door for the balcony was wide open so really anyone could have got in. On the last night the air conditioning filled my room with smoke, I went to reception and when the father came down to my room he said no service and you go 'bye bye tomorrow' left the from with the remote control leaving the whole apartment smelling of smoke I ended up sleeping in the front room.
Funny but if my prefferd hotel was full I might stay again!

No cooking is done on-site. The Event Catering Company come every day to remove things in the morning and drop off later. So please stop all the remarks about the home cooking

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank UkCags
ypapadakis, General Manager at Sweet Memory Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you very much for your review and we really appreciate your comments. However let’s be really honest here.
You were asked kindly if you could change rooms in order to help us to fix a mistake that we did prior to your arrival. We gave you an apartment for 4 people instead for 2. That was our mistake but we asked you if you agreed to move to an apartment just next door. We moved all your staff to the other apartment and because I did everything myself, at no time your staff were unattended. I personally locked the door of your apartment behind me and I personally closed all the wooden shades so your apartment can be safe as well all your staff. We are operating this business since 1989 and we had no such an incident of people getting stolen.
The air conditioning unit can break down at any time without prior notice. It is an incident that can happen to any of us at any time. Especially at night or afternoon when there is no professional to fix it. The owner does not speak English what so ever and probably he made that comment by mistake. He had no intention to insult you or to make fun with you. The apartment itself is 40 square meters and all rooms are connected each other. In this case if one room was filled with smoke, the whole apartment will have been with smoked. However, if that was the case I personally apologize to you. I wish I could do more for you that last night.
As for the cooking, let’s set the record straight. The Event Catering Company provides us with all the sweets, bread and most of the raw materials for the cooking as well as the starters. The owner does ONLY the main courses, and some salads and nothing else. It will have been a miracle for a woman alone to prepare so much food for all these people. There are so many remarks for the home cooking because it is really home cooking when it comes to main courses. Otherwise people would have made comments for food only without using the word home cooking.
The Event Catering Company provides the Sweet Memory Apartments with the best materials available on the island. And all provision is done by them for economies of scale. One provider, one invoice, one payment. That is why we are able to offer a 4 course tremendous meal in such a low price.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

One of the best holidays we've ever had. The hotel is a lovely family-run business, Yannis makes everyone feel welcome and is a very funny and approachable man. His Mama's home made Greek food was some of the best food we have eaten, the homemade Moussaka that took 2 days to prepare was out of this world! We enjoyed it so much we are even planning to have our wedding/and or honeymoon there. The view from the dining area every evening was the spectacular sea sunset and the sea breeze were the perfect end to the evenings. We caught a bus (which was a very posh air conditioned coach - puts our buses to shame!) to the capital which was very easy and cheap (about 4 Euros return) to do. There are alot of places around Crete that are easy to visit from Gouves if you want to have trips out, but there is plenty to do and see in Gouves itself. The beaches are clean and cheap and nearby resturants are affordable and portion sizes huge- you get desserts, fruit and drinks even when you didn't order them! The family really do make you feel like you're the first and only guests at the hotel and cannot do enough for you- Yanni's Mama even got us a cake to celebrate our engagement. If you want a relaxing, safe, fun and friendly holiday destination then this is the hotel and resort for you.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melanie_and_James
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Having just returned from our stay at the sweet memory apartments in Gouves I felt that I had to write a review as my partner and I had such a fabulous time there. As said in some of the other reviews I'll add that the apartments are pretty basic but most self catering apartments are wherever you go and after all ''self catering'' means exactly that, it's simple really, if you want more you pay more! Nevertheless these apartments are spacious, clean, well maintained and if you want more clean towels, clean sheets etc, ask and they will be there for you.
The resort of Gouves itself is quiet, yet there are still plenty of bars and restaurants with a wide variety on the menus and all reasonably priced. I must make a special mention to Nico, Eleanor, Stella, Angela and little Christoph, the family from the taverna ''Limanaki'' just up of the beach who looked after us every day we were down there.
And now for the owners of the Sweet Memory, well where do I start? What more can I say that has'nt already been said? Amazing people, so caring, so accomodating, nothing whatsoever is too much trouble. Having travelled across much of Europe I can honestly say we have never met a more warm and friendly family, in fact when leaving Sweet Memory for our flight home Susie was so full emotion she did not stop crying until we were half way to the airport.
A very big thank you to dad Michael, mum Koula, Yanni his wife Ria and little Michael (who has not yet arrived but will be 10 or 11 months old when we return next year) and Taniya there helper, thanks also to some other guests, Caroline & Linda from Devon, the Vince family and Jim & Mel from Birmingham.
We will certainly be returning next year, this time for two weeks and will probably take up the half board option as mum Koula's home cooking has to be the best on the island if not the whole of Greece. Once again many thanks for a wonderful week, were already missing you and are so looking forward to seeing you all next year.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple