I returned a week ago from Gouves and although the resort is very quiet there was never a dull moment at the Villa Marie Kelly with the other guests and staff making the holiday so great. The staff were brilliant. The owners were very friendly and helped at the drop of a hat, taking residents to the bank, supplying muscle cream rub for aches and pains Natalie who does the cooking is a great source of information for all holiday makers but mainly a brill cook, poached eggs, carbonara, burgers are just a few delights you will be served. Nikos worked the bar at night and joined in all the fun working till the small hours of the morning. The rooms were basic but you had everything you needed and the maids kept everything clean and fresh.
Villa Marie Kelly is ideally situated for the beach which is roughly 50 yards away, you can catch the tourist train at the beach. The bars around the apartments were quiet but the food was good in all of them, give Georges a try just to the left of the road at the end of the drive.
Anfield bar across from the little chapel was great staff ounce again very friendly and pleased to serve, we spent a few nights in here as it was livelier than the rest and also did karaoke.
AVOID the RAINBOW BAR at the top of the hill, my family visited this place as it was advertising live music which was a man miming to a pre recording. My family had a good night until we were saying goodbye to the owner who worked the bar when he verbally attacked us and told us to Fxxxxxf as we did not spend enough at his bar even though we spent about 40 euros in the space of two hours for two adults and a ten year old on drinks which I thought was reasonable considering we were not drinking alcohol. We would have visited again if it was not for this. My 10 year old daughter got very upset at this man shouting at her parents for no reason so AVOID especially if you have young children.
Overall if you want a quieter holiday this is the resort and definitely apartment for you.
Enjoy your holiday wherever you go
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Mariekelly is a luxurious fully renovated complex of 30 autonomous apartments. They provide fully equipped kitchenette with fridge, boiler and toaster, bathroom with shower, air conditioning, safety deposit boxes, TV, telephone, haidryer and balconies or terrace with panoramic view to the sea, pool and or garden. Villa Mariekelly offers reception service, free parking, free book hire from a huge variety, satellite TV, internet facilities, laundry service, pool table and other games, outdoor swimming pool in a huge terrace with sun loungers.Gouves is a modern tourist area, 20 km away from the city of heraklion, with organised beaches, cafes, taverns and restaurants. You may find a variety of shops in the shopping centre, as well as car and motorbike rentals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Villa Marie Kelly reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Marie Kelly Hotel Gouves
- Hotel Marie Kelly
- Marie Kelly Hotel
- Villa Marie Kelly Kato Gouves, Crete