I would say this is a very average hotel for Greece. There are some good points and some very poor points about the hotel. We visited with my partners parents so it was a group of 4 of us and we stayed for 2 weeks.
The owners have no interest in you (unless you go back year on year - then you get some conversation). The owner himself was very rude, only grunted, pointed and shook his head at you, whilst his wife was a little nice, but again considering it's Greece was not very interested in the guests unless you were buying stuff at the bar.
It was very hot towards the end of August and we felt we had to have the air con, however it is 50 euros a week which is quite expensive but again seems to be the going rate in Greece.
The hotel itself was very nice. It was cleaned, not sure how often and wasn't always to a high standard but it was ok. We stayed in room 203 - do not stay in this room! The room itself was lovely with 3 balconies and a lovely set up with a good living/kitchen area and a good sized bedroom. The problem was the shower. Once you'd had a shower, the soakaway system didn't do this, it only pushed the water out meaning the whole bathroom was flooded. The water was also very smelly and dirty.
It was very quiet when we stayed, but the location of the hotel was lovely. It was only around a mile to the main strip and there were plenty of shops/restaurants within only a few hundred meters.
The pool area was very nice, not the biggest pool but good amount of sun loungers and nice bar right next to it. We hardly ate/drank at the hotel as we like to visit the local restaurants that are around the resort. If anyone would like any recommendations, feel free to ask.
We visited at the end of Aug and it was very quiet in the whole resort - Malia and Stalia were alot busier but mainly young people. It's such a shame that there are so many hotels in Greece now that are All Inclusive as it's really having a big affect on Greece - especially when the local restaurants are so lovely. Please support the locals and don't join in this AI which is ruining Greece year on year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Mariekelly is a luxurious fully renovated complex of 30 autonomous apartments. They provide fully equipped kitchenette with fridge, boiler and toaster, bathroom with shower, air conditioning, safety deposit boxes, TV, telephone, haidryer and balconies or terrace with panoramic view to the sea, pool and or garden. Villa Mariekelly offers reception service, free parking, free book hire from a huge variety, satellite TV, internet facilities, laundry service, pool table and other games, outdoor swimming pool in a huge terrace with sun loungers.Gouves is a modern tourist area, 20 km away from the city of heraklion, with organised beaches, cafes, taverns and restaurants. You may find a variety of shops in the shopping centre, as well as car and motorbike rentals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Villa Marie Kelly reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Marie Kelly Hotel Gouves
- Hotel Marie Kelly
- Marie Kelly Hotel
- Villa Marie Kelly Kato Gouves, Crete